Translate

Friday 17 April 2015

Flickr Cards Collection

Thought rather than having to go back through numerous posts I would just do a collection of cards together. Hope you enjoy the collection

Alright these cards were a gift for my girlfriends daughter who was having a Baby Shower. I decided to make the Thank You cards for her. Used the cutest Mo's Digital Pencil Baby image and coloured them all in with copics then cut them all out.
Did the white base with a printed sentiment and used a heart stencil to add hearts that I blended on using Distress inks in pinks, add a few gems here and there then attached to pink cardstock.
An envelope for each, made 40 and worded so it could be a thank you for coming to the party or a thank you for your well wishes on the birth of the baby.

Was very happy with the end result.



Put this card together with Stampingbella Uptown Girl stamp. I mainly watercolored but finished off with copics and a bit of Gelly roll glitter pen here and there. I used the stitched rectangle dies largest that just imprints and the next one down that cuts layer as well. 

Added a glitter piece cut with Stampin Up punch and pale pink card stock with their other punch. The stamped sentiment just fit perfectly.

Love this sentiment. Of course had to add a couple of gems and it was ready to go with the gift set of Thank you cards at the Babyshower.



Unity stamp, perfect for a card to farewell my sister as she takes off on a round the world holiday (take me with youuuuuuu!). 

Painted with Peerless Watercolour paints on water colour paper. Finished off with bits of glitter and some gems just busting to get out of the bag and around her waist.

Didn't have any travel sentiments so added some preprinted words that I thought were relevant to travels. Fun card to make.

This last one was a card for a relative. My first attempt at a Sympathy Card and I felt it work out well. I used the Big Background Flower stamp from Hero Art. I LOVE painting in these background stamps.

All painted in with Distress Ink and finished off the piece by running the edge of the watercolour card stock along the edge of the antique linen distress ink pad.

I struggle the most with sentiments for my cards. I can always visualise my card but never what needs to be said or what will work the best so this becomes the most time consuming part.

Decided that four photos at a time is probably better than bogging down peoples computers with trying to open posts. I do reduce the size of the photos considerably in Photoshop but not sure if they are reduced enough. Please let me know if my posts take too long to open and I will work on the issue.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at what I have been doing.

No comments: