Translate

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Light and Bright Hello


My W9PLUS flower stamps arrived. I did a pile of stamping, masking and more stamping. I started out doing single flowers with watercolour pens, wasn't happy with any of them. Tossed the lot.

Went back to my Inktense pencils and I am so glad I did. I had forgotten how easy they are to use and how vibrant. The watercolour pens are back on the shelf for now I will stay with what I really am comfortable with. My Inktense Pencils and my Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Both are perfect for watercolouring.



Check out the vibrancy, I have not lightened the colour of the photo at all. After I finished colouring the flowers I added a little green in the empty areas then went over the flowers with Wink of Stella pen.


I have taken a close up of the flowers in the hope you will see the sparkle going on here, it really looks brilliant but its just not showing up as well as it should. Then I die cut 'Hello' in the flowers and put that one aside, did another in black and laid the black layer straight back into the coloured image.

Added a little glitter with Wink of Stella to the black layer as well not that you can see it.

I'm so glad I went back to my Inktense pencils. Time to do some more.

Would like to enter this in 


I hope it sparkles enough, if not please delete.

Well I hope you all enjoyed your visit. See you again soon.

5 comments:

Marion said...

Awesome card Aileen! So much masking. I have debated whether to get intense pencils...I just keep on going back to distress inks when I need to watercolour.

lostinpaper said...

These flowers are so stunning all bunched together in their bright and shimmery goodness, can't wait to see more x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful placement. Glorious colouring. I can see the sparkle. I always have trouble capturing the sparkle of a wink of stella too. Will keep an eye out for the next one :)

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful floral arrangement! very shimmery too! i just got my stamps but haven't had a chance to ink them up yet.

Anita in France said...

Oh Aileen, this is just so gorgeous! I came over after your visit to me, especially to have a look at your Doodle Buds stamping and colouring ... wow ... fantastic ... what a treat! Beautifully vibrant and shimmery ... a real stunner! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! Anita :)