Translate

Sunday 13 September 2015

Take Me to the Moon



I was looking at yet another NBUS stamp set 'Party Dots' Neat & Tangled and thought that big dot with all the little dots makes me think of the moon. So I decided to use for the CASology Challenge.

 I stamped on Dark blue cardstock and embossed with silver. Only stamped part of the circle as it was just too big and overpowering in full. I love the illusion it has made.


I had a sentiment 'Love you to the Moon and back' but the borrowers have it for now. It's been on loan for about a year now, expect it to turn up sometime in the next year. If I was good on my Silhouette I could cut the sentiment but too busy stamping, colouring, sorting the craft room and it needs to go up the list of to dos.

Anyway I like this sentiment because it makes me think of saying to someone sit back, relax and "Take the time to enjoy the simple things" like the stars and the moon......

Okay thats my take on it, nice and simple. looks brilliant with the silver embossing even if I do say so myself.

Time to link it up to the CASology: Week 163 : Moon Challenge

I hope you enjoy your visit and come again soon.


10 comments:

Skye said...

Great card. The image does look like a moon. The silver emboosing is very striking against the blue background

Unknown said...

Fab night time scene! That stamp makes a perfect moon.

Jen W. said...

What a brilliant stamp to use for a moon and it looks amazing embossed in silver! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Clever girl! I love your 'swiss cheese' moon - perfect use of that stamp! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Discovered your blog while hopping for inspiration...I love this CAS card...the embossing is beautiful and the sentiment so apt
Would love to have you drop by for a visit
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Unknown said...

Aileen, this is majestic,and the message, powerful!! Your moon creation is perfection, and so is your layout and choice of sentiment. Thanks SO much for sharing your striking creation with us at CASology this week!

Sarn said...

A very striking card Aileen. Love the sentiment. Love this CAS style. xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous and brilliant! LOVE the moon...

Marybeth said...

Beautiful CAS card and the silver mom looks wonderful! I never bought the silhouette because it seemed to hard to learn for me. But I do .ove my MISTI. I clean and sort my craft room all the time and it's a mess in two seconds.

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous card...love your gorgeous moon!