Translate

Monday 16 November 2015

Sending Hugs because you can never have too many.


I made this card and gave it to one of the ladies who works with Elysha at her Community Access program. This wonderful lady comes in every second Wednesday and volunteers with the young adults helping them make craft items to take home for Mothers day; Fathers Day; Christmas; Easter etc. 
She has these amazing ideas and nothing Elysha has brought home has made me feel 'what a waste or how silly'. So so clever and wonderful inspiration. The latest items Elysha has brought home are 'A slice mix in a jar' - all layered so it looks really pretty and another is for 'choice chip biscuits' again in layers. Each is in a glass jar with a pretty lid and the recipe attached. 
They and other 'gifts' are lined up on a shelf in her room for Christmas - she is so excited to have a present that she made for each sister, brother, sister-in-law etc.

This wonderful lady who does this volunteers and brings everything preplanned and so enjoyed and if one of the young people is away then they all work together to make one for them to have when they come back.

She does all this though struggling with some major health issues of her own, so I felt she deserved a gift of her own(homemade caramel slice) and a card letting her know we really do appreciate all she does.


This is the card I made, it was actually a very quick put together but started out very slowly with lots of ideas. I actually threw away most of the first card after I rescued what I could -only the butterfly in truth.

So this is take two. The base is one from Papertrey who make a selection of these gold/silver and white backgrounds in chevron, dots, spots, stripes etc. This base is gold and white and the gold has a wonderful sheen.

The stamped sentiment is also Papertrey. I saved up all my wants and did a once in two years buy but at the time the die for this sentiment wasn't available. 

The beautiful butterfly is Hero Arts, but as it doesn't have a body I improvised with the body from a butterfly die cut from Memory Box. Finished off with one reddy/pink and one yellow enamel dot.

I would like to add this to:

Mrs A, I finally made a card that fits the challenge.


Given to volunteer at Community program
Just managed to squeeze this one in lol.




Alright thats it for this post so thanks for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.


7 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wowzers, such a stunning beauty!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous shiny card Aileen, you know it's going to make me happy, but to add a butterfly... makes it perfect!

Mrs A. said...

So glad you finally managed to join in with a card for such a wonderful lady. I'm sure she will love it and the thoughts behind it. You can really see the shimmer on the second picture of the gold zig zags. I love the Papertrey products but not the postage or the hassle to get from USA. I have managed to pick quite a few up on eBay which have been for sale in the UK. though. Thankyou for fluttering by my #42. Hugs Mrs A.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

hi,

Gorgous card. Thanks for joining us at Butterfly Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
GDT Butterfly Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Anonymous said...

A wonderful gesture for someone who is doing great things for Elysha and her friends.
Gorgeous card.

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous! How could it come together so easily,well done! Sounds like the volunteer that Elysha has is a sweet one for sure! What a blessing! I am sure she will love this!

Ashwini Rao said...

Stunning! The gold background really is a gorgeous accent to the the butterfly!
Its really wonderful to know about people like Elysha! And its great to know what a gorgeous card is going to her! :)