Translate

Saturday 16 January 2016

Celebrate, it's your day!


Well I'm amazed to be posting this card I tell you. It started out as a partial print out of a digital bouquet of flowers from 'Power Poppy'. I coloured it in with Copics and was very pleased with the end result.


As you can see here the flowers are so pretty. I decided to put on a purple card base but first stamp a sentiment.


Then everything went downhill from there. Stamped a little sentiment and it just looked wrong. The stamp has become spongy so some of the sentiment was nice and clear and some squishy, fat, blobby so I decided to do a new sentiment and work out how to cover the original and make the additional look ok.
First replacement was too long and had to hang over, no good. Second one was okay but as I was checking how it looked I put a big blob of black ink from my finger right above the flowers.
Sooooo I then cut the flowers at an angle with a die but had to cut close to avoid the first stamped sentiment and the black blob. THEN I commenced to cut four versions of the other cut panel to fit properly with the first one, you know how it goes, wrong angle, and again, too thin one side blah blah blah. As I was about to throw the whole thing in the bin I decided one more go, got it and decided it would just have to do.


Its a bit...... different, but it works. I'm happy with it love the sentiment 'Congratulations' die cut with the little message 'It's your day!' and finished off with 3 little acrylic dots.

Would like to post this to:

Seize the Birthday (the Topping is CAS but think I'll have to pass on that bit today)



Okay thats it for today. Thanks for coming to visit and listen to my story of disaster.
Hope you come to visit again.









20 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous coloring!Such superb color combination! LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Aileen. So glad you persisted and didn't bin it! I love that you share all the details of how you get to the end result. Most of us can probably relate - I know I can especially the ink on the fingers! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Best go get organised for the party we are having tonight.

Loll said...

Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to end up with a beautiful card. But it's all worth it in the long run. You'll soon forget the frustration. :) Your flowers are gorgeous ... you are so talented with copics. Love the angled panel and the large silver CELEBRATE ...so pretty together. xx

Lynne in NI said...

Heeee too funny! I'm guilty quite often of the old inky finger trick ;) Glad you stuck with it, it's fab!

gail said...

So glad you persisted, this is a fab card such beautiful flowers and love the large celbrate xx

Viv said...

I am gobsmacked! This is such a lovely card Aileen- fab colouring and I think the 'inky fingers' did you a favour cos I LOVE the angled layout!

Tracy Freeman said...

You know what....you have rocked it ! I love it in ever way. Have a great weekend xxx

*Vicki* said...

Those flowers are so happy and cheery!! I just love the design on your card here and the silver foil accent sets it off beautifully! :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Aileen! I love that image and you've colored it beautifully, what a fab design too! Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs, Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

Aileen I love this gorgeous card the coloured image set off at an angle like that looks fantastic a superb make
hugs
lorraine x

lostinpaper said...

Your colouring is stunning!

Marina said...

Okay so it was a struggle...but it looks fabulous! It's turned into a great design.

Ruth said...

It's lovely!! Your Copic colouring is fabulous on those flowers, especially the red - I'm still struggling a bit with the red blending! So glad you persevered. Would have been a shame to throw it in the bin. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

You sure are getting hang of the coloring! Your flowers are amazing. Nice save on the card too - I like the layout

Anni said...

So lovely! Love the bright colors and the beautifl flowers!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Anni

Greta said...

Your perseverance paid off! Beautiful coloring & card!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning flowers....your coloring is amazing, they look so real.

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful Copic coloring on your blooms, and I love the angled panel...such a gorgeous card, Aileen!

Olesya Andreyeva said...

Just amazing colouring!!! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM blog!
Olesya, DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh there's a sweet surprise for you over on the Southern Girls blog! Congratulations. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT