Translate

Monday 18 January 2016

Get Well Soon


I love when I have tried another thing and can mark it off my 'To do' list.

Not only have I done no line colouring but I have managed to use another stamp set that have been calling to me. Of course I need to continue my use of them but finally got them out of the PACKET and INKED them.

I masked off a panel and stamped the flowers and leaves then coloured with copics. I wasn't sure it would work at first but am happy with the end result. 


After colouring I added white gel pen for centres and some clear Wink of Stella that became a bit more than some when it decided to blob out on one flower but it ended up shared throughout all the flowers and has quite a nice little sparkle now. Also added some little clusters of three dots as I have seen done before and think its a great way to balance things out.


I finished off by adding two very thin cuts of black card stock and stamping this very cute 'Get well soon' sentiment (another never used before, new from Clearly Besotted 'Sweet Little Sentiments'.

All done (dying to add some gems but best not for the CAS look. Maybe later.

Okay all ready to go to:

Just scraping in under the wire, not a great way to show off a card, I know but its....me.


This is Anita's card and I took inspiration from the black strips, flowers between the black strips and the 'get well soon'. Love her card and enjoyed entering this challenge.

Would also like to enter:



Previously entered a card and then of course, silly me realised
 it wasn't relevant for this challenge because theres no stamping.
This card however is all stamping so thats cool.



Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








14 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful no line coloring, and I love your take on Anita's card, Aileen! So, so pretty!

Hannelie said...

Your card is really beautiful Aileen! You did a fabulous job with the technique1

Claire said...

Just gorgeous - your colouring is amazing Aileen!

Ruth said...

As soon as I saw it I knew it had to be for MUSE! It's a beautiful CASE of Anita's card. Gorgeous colours. Just in time again..... Ha ha! Were you ever late for school? ;) xx

Ardyth said...

Love these big, bold blooms! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Greta said...

Wow--you nailed the technique, Aileen! The use of the white gel pen & the 3 little dots really kicks it up a notch!

*Vicki* said...

Oh this is so beautiful! You've done an amazing job with the no-line coloring!! I really need to give this a try!! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Aileen these are two beautiful CAS style cards the colours of those flowers are so vibrant, now I know why I love visiting my blogging buddies the creativity and inspiration is overflowing.
hugs
lorraine x

Loll said...

Great job with the no line colouring Aileen. You have perfected it! Beautiful design and love the bright and cheerful colours you've used. xx

Neets B said...

Wow, your colours are so vibrant, and great shading too. Love this bright take on my card. My wink pen recently decided to blob everywhere too, you would never know with your creation!
Thanks for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Anonymous said...

Lovely bright card. Love the addition of 3 dots

Anonymous said...

wow, this is a beautiful and bright CAS card aileen! kind of reminds me of your blog banner - lovely colours and colouring! thank you so much for sharing another of your creative projects with us this month at penny black and more!
linda

brenda said...

Two very striking and elegant cards Aileen, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Mandy LaCroix said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! I love those colors and blooms! wow!
Thanks so much for sharing it over at 2 Creative Chicks! :)