Translate

Monday 4 January 2016

Thanks for Being There



When I stamped the flowers for the no line colouring I stamped this one as well using black ink. I wanted to see if I would be just as happy with the look after doing 'no line colouring'. Happy to say I am. At first I felt it wasn't as pretty but it is, its just not the same.


Coloured with Copics (I love this flower from Altenew, I would have to say its my favourite), then did a finishing touch with pencil just to add a bit of lifework in the petals and leaves.


Added some swirls here and there to fill in empty spots. I forgot I had stamped in black in and did the swirls with a pale Distress ink colour and went over them with copics but I feel it still works ok.

Cut the panel slightly smaller than my green card base and added with dimensional foam behind. Added a row of glitter ribbon on the left, a die cut 'Thanks' at the bottom and a few enamel dots.

I am still working on trying to put less on the front of the card so it can be clean and simple but after colouring I knew it was too busy for CAS so just went wild with extras to finish it off.

Okay I would like to enter this at :




My die cut 'Thanks' is used for the first time.


Thank you so much for coming to have a look and I hope you visit again soon.




17 comments:

Ina G said...

Absolutely stunning flowers. Gorgeous bright colours. Lovely layout and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls for our first 2016 challenge.

Marion said...

Stunning!

brenda said...

Another stunning card Aileen and so perfectly coloured, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Ruth said...

It's gorgeous! I love what you do with this stamp and the pencils on top of the Copics, with the extra swirls of distress inks adds so much depth. I love it! Xx

Darnell said...

Well, so much for my plans to CPR my Playhouse. I'm pretty sure I broke my hip falling out of my chair when I saw this stunning card. I'll let you know how much you need to reimburse me for my copays! I thought the first noline card was beautiful, but for my taste, this one wins hands down. It must have something to do with the fact that I'm one of those anal "color within the lines" people. Your coloring looks so professional, Aileen. This would be on the high-end counter in the card store and it's crying out to be framed!! I'm totally pinning ... oh, wait, aaaccckkk!! Happy New Year Hugs! Darnell

Nancy said...

You coloring skills are amazing to say the least! This card is frame worthy as Darnell mentioned! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week and Happy New Year too, and please join us again!

Loll said...

This is truly a work of art Aileen. Gorgeous design, gorgeous colours and amazing colouring skills. Love it! xx

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful creation! Perfect for our "one for the girls" challenge at Penny Black and More. Thanks so much for joining us!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful. Your coloring is amazing!

Anke said...

Fantastic card, I love the flowers and the layout. And your colouring is perfect.

Nancy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your colouring is beautiful, and I love the addition of the glittery strip! :o)

Shirley said...

Wow! a beautiful floral card Aileen. The colours are so vivid and I like the flowers with and without the ouline. It's always good to try something different. Thank you for sharing your work with us at Penny Black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

Anonymous said...

this is another beautiful floral card aileen! i also love both the no line colouring and the lines showing - either technique shows off the bold colours. thank you so much for sharing another of your lovely creations with us at penny black and more!
linda

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is awesome, Cathy x

Lisa Kind said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Marina said...

I love these big , bright flowers - great design with fabulous impact. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

SewPaperPaint said...

A stunning creation, such fabulous coloring and design!