Translate

Wednesday 27 January 2016

With Love


This is my second card for the Time Out Challenge. I  was happier with this card, I think because the flower is bigger so they grey doesn't look as heavy. Also I think I placed the 'with love' sentiment better. I won't go into what I did with this card as the previous post has all the information.


Once I had finished with the Copics and pencils I added a little green to the centre of the flower and felt that worked well. I had to do a little improvising as I found my masking of the flower was a little off and I had some blank areas near the flower that it was too late to add purple blending to.


I just added to the top of the petals as though there was more overhang on the petal and felt that looked alright.

I have enjoyed using my Altenew Inks on both of these card bases for blending as they blend nicely and here I like the contrast I got with the two darker colours in the purples. 

This time I have used a silver die cut for the sentiment and silver sparkly gems.

My own twists are, single flower, adding colour to the centre of the flower and not using leaves, heavier colour ink blending, die cut sentiment, gems rather than sequins, no thread or band down the side, but it is a definite case of Marika's beautiful card. I hope I have done her proud.
I tell you what if you haven't checked out her blog before its a must, I have a dream. It is to be able to create my own cards with half as much artistic style. Truly magnificent.

I would like to enter this at:


I would also like to enter this at:


Not sure if its CAS enough but please just delete if its not.

Anything Goes With a twist - use some flowers or a flower.

Okay thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




SHARED HINT FOR MINI  INK PADS

I like to have a foam pad for each colour I do blending with and sadly the small round foam ones won't fit inside the under section of the mini ink pads so I had to find another solution. 

I laminated a piece of paper added velcro dots and added the small round foam pads in colour groups and just wrote the name beside each. 
Was easy enough to grab the sheet and leave on my desk when doing some more blending rather than trying to work out which foam pad goes with which ink pad). 
Also because the mini ink pads for Altenew are black and the writing hard to read I ended up first cutting a pile of 1" squares, swiping each piece of card stock with the ink and glued to the lid and wrote the name on there as well. Much easier to find them.

I then did the same on my mini Hero Art ink pads, this gave a better indicate of ink colour and I can now see colours that will work well together from the Altenew and Hero Art mini's. They all fit into a storage box together perfectly so I can grab the box, go through and pick colours in reference to the true colours on the lids.

I haven't tried blending with the Hero Art Inks yet but intend to as there are some lovely colours there that I think will blend quite nicely and will do the foam blending pads the same way. 





19 comments:

HolyLise said...

I love your blending! The grey and purple are amazing together :)

lostinpaper said...

Your card is so beautiful Aileen! ps great tip for the blending foams

TaeEun said...

Beautiful coloring and background blending! Thanks for the organization tips!

Ruth said...

What a beautiful CASE of Marika's card. I totally think you have done her proud. I love the purple. I haven't tried blending with my Altenew inks yet, but I do love them. Just bought the greens. Next up the purples!!

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, just wonderful! Love it!!

Sarn said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Off to look at previous post to see how you did it.

Thanks for visitng me.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv said...

This is beautiful Aileen.
I appear to have 'mislaid' some of my followers - hope you're not one who has deserted me?!! x

sandie said...

This is another gorgeous card, wonderful colouring, thanks for joining us again at TO

coldwaters2 said...

Wow another stunning creation Aileen it is pure perfection
hugs
lorraine x

Marika said...

Oh, this is so stunning!! That white magnolia is coloured in perfection and just love that you used pencils over the copics! Thank you!

Anita in France said...

Wow, what awesome colouring, Aileen ... such a stunning bloom, so beautifully detailed! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Time Out! Anita :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh Aileen, this card is a beautiful CASE of Marika's card. Love the beautiful purple sponging, that color is gorgeous and the detail you added with the Copics and the pencils.
Thank you for sharing at the Time Out gallery.

Maria.

gail said...

Some stunning blending, and lovely colours. I love how you created your flower xx

Tracy Freeman said...

This is beautiful! The colours and the flower...wow !
Have a great day xx

MaryH said...

This is a wonderful color effort. The grays blend so beautifully (and that's not always easy to do either!). It sparkles against the deeper magenta shade of the background. I love Altenew stamps as well. It's a gorgeous flower & you did it proud! TFS

Joyce said...

This card is an absolute stunner. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology and Time Out.

Judy1223 said...

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful! What gorgeous inking, and that flower is stunning! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

A gorgeous take on the Time Out card - I love the detail on the flower. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Barb Ghig said...

What a beauty this is, Aileen! I love how you blended your inks and colored your bloom...so gorgeous!