Translate

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Smile.......Its your birthday.


What a simple card this turned out to be. First I stamped and heat embossed this delicate little flower onto a piece of vellum then I coloured with my copics on the side of the embossing. Didn't worry about blending and multi layers as its apparently not good for your copics to touch the embossed ink. I did try on the other side of the vellum but it looked too wishy washy to me so I went with the proper side and tried to be careful (as I can be which isn't very). Anyway used two colours to add a bit of variety as you can see with the petals, leaves and flower centres.


It was quick and easy to colour the piece then it was what to do with it. Thats the long process, of course it looked brilliant on a white card base to show it up BUT it didnt do anything for me.

I fiddled around a bit, got sidetracked. Made a different card or two then came back, saw the purple spotty dotty acetate and it just went bang, bang, bang (well maybe not that loud) but it fell into place.
White card base, purple dotty acetate layer connected by putting small amounts of glue on the purple dots.


I also folded it over at the top with a quarter inch over the edge and attached a strip of double sided tape. Attached the vellum to the acetate with glue behind the flowers and a dot at each corner that I covered over with an enamel dot.
Finished off with my die cut 'Smile' using a gold sparkle dot for the 'smiles' 'i'.

Ohh my goodness I loved it, so bright and uncluttered and just looks brilliant and perfect for  a friends birthday. Inside it says

"They say that your memory starts 
to go as you get older.......

Happy Birthday Whoever You Are"

That cracks me up!!!












Okay thats it for this post. Rate Im going at I will have used up my quota of wifi on my phone before I finish up at mum and dads. Hopefully enough to upload one more time tomorrow.

Hope you all enjoyed your visit and come again soon.










16 comments:

Esther said...

What a lovely, delicate card. The image is gorgeous and I love the way the gold sentiment pops against the purple dots. Fab!

Ashwini Rao said...

Gorgeous, delicate card! Love your coloring on the vellum! The card looks wonderful!

Cara said...

What a brilliant card, love the way you went with the dotty background. Just so cheery! Cara x

Mac Mable said...

Loving the pop of colour. Yes sounded very familiar...spend lots of time fussy with backgrounds, sentiments etc!!! The vellum and acetate are so delicate together and what a witty sentiment. Thank you for sharing x

brenda said...

Another lovely creation Aileen, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Ruth said...

Gorgeous card - I love the purple polka dots!! I usually always colour in Copics on the reverse of the vellum but you're right, you get more pop on the front. xx

Sid said...

Great spotty card !

lostinpaper said...

I've had a card sitting half finished on my desk for 5 days now... I'm just not happy with any way I've tried to finish it, I'm waiting for the 'bang bang' lol. Ps love your beautiful flowers with the funky and very fun polka background, thanks for the inspiration!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

That is a very striking card Aileen. That dotty background is very bold and colourful.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous colours, and lovely effect with the flowers on the vellum. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Mrs A. said...

Loving this gorgeous card too. The effect is totally stunning. Love that verse too. hugs Mrs A.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful...love all that wonderful purple.

Chrissie said...

Well this is certainly very dotty!
Pretty colouring too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Claire said...

Love how the vellum softens your dotty background - the embossed flower is just stunning!

Anne said...

Super dottiness, love that vellum on top
Thanks so much for joining us this week and Happy Easter.
Anne
"Less is More"

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Aileen I do love those flowers the colours are so pretty, I also love how you have used the vellum, I have been sorting through my stash and found a pile of vellum so I need some inspiration on how to start using it, lol.
hugs
lorraine x