Translate

Saturday 7 May 2016

Just Us Girls Word Week: Butterflies



Hi everyone! I have some really exciting news that I have been sitting on for the last couple of weeks and I cant believe I didn't blab.

 I have been invited to be a Guest Designer at Just Us Girls for the month of May.
Here's my first card for the month of May as guest designer over at Just Us Girls!

This week is WORD week and the word is "Butterflies".  I hope you can join in the fun, just click  HERE for all the details and to play along.


I love doing butterflies and decided to combine them with Kraft cardstock.

I know I said awhile ago I would steer clear of kraft and pencil colouring due to the pain it causes my hands but I have seen so many beautiful cards done with pencils on kraft lately, I couldn't resist. When I saw the photo for the challenge it just jumped into my head.


I stamped and white embossed my Hero Art Butterfly using lots of masking to get everything looking how I wanted. I coloured the butterflies with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils using two coloured for each butterfly and the white pencil to help with highlights. I then went over many of the stamped and embossed lines with my  Uni-ball Signo broad white pen to fix lines I had coloured over and added the little white dots on the wings.
I coloured the bodies slightly with grey Copic marker and also added shadows with the grey Copic marker. I removed the mask from the centre of the card and attached the die cut sentiment from Taylored Expressions. The die was layered three times and finished off with a sparkle gem in white as the dot was impossible to layer up.


  

Don't forget to stop by JUGS and see all the beautiful cards the amazing DT has made for your inspiration for this week's challenge!

Also adding to a couple of challenges:


Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge : Birthdays









Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.
Aileen

25 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Congratulations, Aileen! Fantastic!! And I really love your butterfly card - so colorful!

Ruth said...

So pleased for you! This is an absolutely stunning card all that masking really makes it extra special because it really looks like those butterflies are clustering like you see in real life. Adore the colours and the coloured pencil works so well on the Kraft. It's a gorgeous card! Xx

TaeEun said...

Congratulations on Guest Designing, Aileen! Your butterflies in rainbow colors are really pretty on the kraft! And the grey shading with Copics so effective!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is so beautiful Aileen I love Butterflies and these are full of colour and look amazing, superb work
hugs
Lorraine x

Darlene said...

Such a happy, colorful creation! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

EdenLand Designs said...

Oh wow!!! This is stunning!! I love everything about it :) Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM this week!!
Susan DT

Chris Dring said...

What a card to start your GD gig with! This is absolutely STUNNING!! I was so hoping you explained how you made it, because I want to CASE it!! Beautiful coloring on the kraft paper! So excited that you are joining us as our May Guest Designer at Just Us Girls!

Cara said...

Congratulations! I hear your pain about pencils on kraft, but it was worth it, it's stunning. Cara x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Absolutely STUNNING one layer card -- your coloring is AMAZING!

Loll said...

WOW ... amazing card Aileen. Love the design and the gorgeous, vibrant butterflies. xx

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning, so vibrant, love the masking and a real stand out card x

lostinpaper said...

Congrats on your wonderful GD gig, your bright cheery butterflies are such a perfect beginning!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your butterflies and the coloring is amazing. I really love it on Kraft....so pretty!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You are the queen of butterflies - this is absolutely gorgeous, such an eye-candy!

Ina G said...

You are certainly off with a BANG as our Guest at JUGS this month Aileen. An absolute stunner with all that colour. Lots of work there. Love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your array of butterflies against the kraft! This is a real beauty!

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Aileen! You did such a beautiful job coloring these butterflies, and I love your design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Bobby said...

That is a lot of masking and coloring, Aileen, but so worth it. The card is beautiful.

D- said...

Your butterflies are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, this is just stunning. I can see all the work that went into it, the coloring is just fantastic. I am so fond of kraft with white embossing and then coloring, this is a great example. Just gorgeous, and such a great take on the photo.

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow, that was a lot of coloring! Hope it didn't hurt your hand too much! The result is spectacular! So much dimension and loveliness!

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow, that was a lot of coloring! Hope it didn't hurt your hand too much! The result is spectacular! So much dimension and loveliness!

Nancy said...

Sorry I am late stopping by Aileen! Your card is Spectacular and oh so colorful! Also I am thrilled you linked up with us over at my other Challenge blog Seize the Birthday! Really beautiful job once again!

Colleen said...

Amazing butterflies!! And congrats on guest designing at JUGS!! But thank you for also playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Glenda J said...

Your colouring is absolutely incredible. So sorry that it bothers your hands. You've inspired me to try this technique. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.