Translate

Sunday 27 November 2016

Celebrate and Merry & Bright

Another two cards, one coloured in and one with no colouring and all die cuts.

The first card i have used a Stamping Bella stamp that I bought last year and didnt get enough use out of so a bit of colouring to catch up on. also did some paper piecing but thats for another day.
These young ladies look so elegant and of course thats me on the left in my favourite green dress 'whoop' and the shoes I do all my housework in!!!!

Coloured with copics and the red dress and green dress look much better than they are showing up here but you will just have to trust me with that. Anyhooo after colouring I used the wonky stitched die to cut out the panel.



Then decided to add this wonderful sparkly green glitter paper to the front of the card first, then the girls then finished it off with a silver mirror cardstock 'celebrate' die cut. Another of the cards that went to the 'Caring Hearts Card Drive' .


Now we have a card with a tag, a shaker tag, die cuts, vellum. Talk about an easy and pretty looking card, I was really pleased with this.
The card base I added a layer of vellum the same size as the cardbase so its front and back and has wonderful silver dots on it so it looks lovely and elegant. I have die cut the stitched tag in white card stock and another layer in acetate.
After cutting the Merry & Bright word square in silver mirror cardstock I then cut the same size out of the tag with a square die so I could make it into a shaker tag.


I attached the acetate layer behind the white card, the silver mirror Merry & Bright to the front then added to layers of dimensional foam in a square around the outer edge of the square cut out, added all clear, silver and a couple of gold star sequins then sealed off with a piece of white card. Looking at it now thinking next time I might use another layer of acetate so you can see the dotty vellum behind the tag but I'm still happy with this. It looks elegant and makes another nice card for the 'Caring Hearts Card Drive'.

Challenges


My girls celebrating card 



Celebrate card has glitter




Merry & Bright card




Merry & Bright Card



Celebrate card




Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome party girl dresses and fun shaker!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful coloring! The glitzy sentiment is perfect in the first card! The shaker card is simply lovely! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas to Die For” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Bobby said...

Your girls are so festive and the coloring so beautifully done, Aileen. Your shaker is elegant. I haven't made one in a while so I may follow your lead.

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh these are fab Aileen! I have an image in my head now of you doing your ironing in pretty dresses and skyscraper heels ;)

Karren said...

Fun cards! Love those girls!

Kim Heggins said...

So amazing....just amazing. Love your sweet trio of party ladies, adorable!

Linda said...

Ooow how fabulous are those gorgeous girls Aileen - love the colours you chose. Beautiful cards! They are certainly going to brighten up Christmas for the lucky Nursing Home recipients who receive them. Bless you. xx

brenda said...

You have created two super Christmas cards, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous colouring and image on the first card and just love the die and design of the second card.
Thank you for joining our 'Anything Christmas' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

cm said...

WOW! Your gals, dressed in their vibrant party dresses, are simply stunning (especially you, in your fancy green dress and 'house-cleaning' shoes...too funny!)! Blown away by your colouring! Your Merry & Bright shaker: elegant and classy! You're working wonders with this die!
hugs~c

I Card Everyone said...

Aileen if you're claiming the green, then may I be the sassy little chick in red? OH it would be a party, wouldn't it?! LOve this card, and it truly cause to celebrate! Your shaker is also exquisite!
=]

Mervi said...

Fabulous and sweet Christmas cards.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

lostinpaper said...

Those girls rock! It makes me think how wonderful it would be if we could all catch up (although my dress wouldn't look that good lol)!

*Vicki* said...

Those girls look so pretty with your coloring!! Love your pretty and shinny shaker design too! :)

Viv said...

More super cards here too, love the way you coloured the girls Aileen ;) Viv xx

Deborah Frings said...

Both your cards are super. I really enjoyed the first one with the young ladies having fun - your colouring is amazing. Love the green glitter background. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.