Translate

Monday 28 November 2016

I'm Trying to get into the Christmas Spirit



There's quite a few photos here so I won't go on to much, keep the to the details.
For this card I have used a few Stamp sets and die sets to set the scene. Love the Santa and so glad I got him. He suits Australia to a 'T'. I coloured him up with copics and I actually bought him with the dies so die cut as well even though he would be easy enough to cut out. It was the other parts of the set that are more fiddly.
I used a MFT grass die to give me a layer of grass and a stitched half circle die for the Peek-a Boo
window. Santa is on the inside. The grass on the outside. I trimmed the sentiment so that on the outside is 'I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit'
and on the inside is 'but Ive lost my bottle opener!' and there is a coconut drink waiting there for Santa (maybe its an alcoholic coconut drink.......



This angle the card looks like its swollen but you get the idea. Neat card, I got the idea from the great card Jenni Murray had made for the Muse Challenge this week.




This next card came as inspiration from a couple of challenges. At AAA Challenges the theme is circles, at Less is More its Emboss Resist and at CASology the Theme is Soft. I think I have met the themes for all three.

For CASology SOFT my interpretation has been using soft colouring from the soft white sparkle embossing, to the very soft pink blending and the soft pink mirror card and gems on the card.





These tags are now on Christmas cards that went to the Caring Hearts Card Drive but I took photos so I could add to Tracey's Challenge and I am running out of time.

I made the cards and didnt even notice that I had a bit of stray ink on the side of this tag but I am just going to ignore it now. The card is al finished off. This tag looks fine with the one tree but
I like this one better with the three trees. This stamp set is a set from Papertrey. I managed to do very well recently and got a pile of stamps and dies all for 2, 3 or $4 each which was brilliant especially as some are now in the vault and now cost $46. So even though postage is high it was totally worth. This was one set, they are cute little trees and come in three pieces. I used Hero Art Inks. I did try my Altenew Inks first but Im not that happy with coverage with their inks so went Hero Art and liked that coverage better. Just tried different colours till I was happy. Then added vellum behind. Blue vellum for one and shear patterned vellum for the other. Very fine ribbon for the tag tops.

I was originally inspired by Daria's tag
but having to take into account the tragedies I have and also the tree stamps I don't have I had to make do the best to could so even though I started with her inspiration I went a different way but thats what crafting is all about isn't it.


Okay thats it for today, only another 100 cards for Christmas to go hahahahah.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hoe you come again soon.


Challenges


The Santa Card




wonderful little card.I have gone with the same design but
put Santa on the inside rather than the outside so behind the grass
not infant of the grass. Also that same half circle look.



The soft pink christmas tree covered in circles



the pink Christmas Tress




















20 comments:

sandie said...

A stunning collection of cards. I really like your card for AAA, the background really is subtle and soft and the embossing matches this perfectly, then thenpops of silver add just the right amount of sparkle. Thanks for joining us at AAA

Estelle TBT said...

Wow! Great Christmas gallery!
I love your funny summer Santa Clauss and your soft pink Christmas tree!
Your tags are beautifuly done.
Xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow you have been busy ...and what a fabulous array of cards but I do like your Santa one especially the sentiment inside the card!thank you for joining us at Muse this week x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful collection of cards! The soft palette of your CASology card, with the subtle sparkle is so pretty! So glad you could share with us at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Haha! Love the fun Christmas card - so glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Melanie-Jane said...

Such pretty cards !! I specially love the one with the embossed christmas tree and the golden sentiment. Looks amazing. Looks so romantic.
Wish you a nice week
Regards, Melanie-Jane

Mrs A. said...

I like your surprise Santa. Made me smile. hugs Mrs A.

Anonymous said...

Santa certainly is fit for an Aussie Christmas and no doubt it has a drop of alcohol!
The other cards/tags are fabulous too. You must share were you got your cheap PTI so long since I purchased any from their store.

cm said...

A whole lot of fabulous happening here, Aileen! If I were Santa, I'd be enjoying plenty of beach time before heading back to the cold climes of the North Pole! Too much fun! Your embossed tree: soft and incredibly pretty! And your tags - whether with one tree or three - are whimsically wonderful! What a great price you got them for! I don't order from PTI, as much as I'd like to, because the shipping to Canada is so incredibly high. Maybe some day...
Hugs~c

Ruth said...

I always forget that for you Christmas is warm and so the Santa is perfect! Your tags are fabulous - I love those free images. I also don't think the Altenew dye inks stamp that well first off, but I do love the colours so try to use them with the MISTI when I do use them. Xx

Jacquie Southas said...

What a great post, full of inspiration! Love the soft coloring on the CASology card - thank you for playing along with us this week, Aileen!

Hannelie said...

Beautiful designs Aileen!
Love your soft pink blended BG for CASology this week. So glad you joined us!
Hugs
Hannelie

TaeEun said...

The santa in summer look is so fun! Love the way you hid the drink on the inside :)! The second card is so pretty pink. Great job to combine challenges! And I love the tag with three trees more, too! Pretty design! Have a great day, Aileen!

BożenA said...

I like this installment Santa :-) loose style is quite OK :-) :-) clothes without obligation) Other cards revelation. I also like the winter trees on the tags.
I saw ACTUAL info, you're the winners in one of the challenges, but I already had time to escape, where the blog, sorry and congratulations :-)
BożenA xx

lostinpaper said...

Santa looks pretty spunky in those boxers Aileen, what a fun design!

Lynne in NI said...

More great makes! Your Santa is hilarious, he'd catch his death here sauntering about in his shorts :)

Esther said...

These are all fab! Your Santa card really made me giggle, and the tags are beautiful. Your emboss resist card is just stunning, perfectly CAS and so pretty! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

MaryH said...

The Santa is just delightful and fun with the aperture and the inner bit. Loved that delicate tree on the pink, and super embossing with the little gems that hang on the tree branches. And the tags are so pretty in the greens & blues. I agree, I like the ones with the array of trees, but also thought the lone stacked tree was very pretty too. Love the stitching & the circular top treatment on the tag. Just FYI, nobody will notice the tiny bit you didn't mean to add, I'd not have seen it had you not mentioned! What folks will remember is that you cared enough to make it for them, and it's Handmade, not machine made! (like the Amish Quilts...it must have a slight error to keep it from being perfect!) TFS - and Hugs.

Viv said...

What a geeat selection of cards & tags here Aileen! just love that cute Santa esp. ;) Viv xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Superb collection of items here! The tags are pretty, the Santa is just the funniest thing (love it!) but your dreamy emboss resist card is drop dead gorgeous. Perfect inking on beautifully crisp embossing. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx