Translate

Wednesday 16 November 2016

The Flower Challenge #2 Reminder




We have reached the half way point in 'The Flower Challenge' so 
its time to post a reminder and to share another card with
another style for additional ideas.
November:Occassion

Here I have used a pre-made background. They come in sets of gold or silver foiled and are from Papertrey. I haven't used them half as much as I should have and plan to get a good bit of use out of them for Christmas this year. This background has the gold dots and gold foiled circle.

I have added a 'Happy birthday' sentiment in gold mirror card.
I stamped and gold embossed one of my original Altenew Flower stamps on vellum. I love these flowers, they are so elegant. And I love colouring with zigs on vellum, it just picks up the colours so beautifully.






I have used a mixed of purples and pinks and just love the colours I have achieved.

My green was achieved with a yellow and green zig blended in together.

I am so happy with how this turned out. Zigs work perfectly on the front of the vellum within the embossed image. If any beads on the embossing use your lightest colour to pull it off. Use little or no water as the vellum will distort. I constantly look for lightest colour to pull colour out or remove and lighten an image.

I hope this has given you some ideas and its really worth trying as its just so easy on vellum. I cut the image out with the corresponding die as I finally got them.



Thank you so much for coming to have a look and if you go here
you can see what the others in the Design Team have made. Also there
is a link there to The Flower Challenge if you would like to join us
with your own card.
Here is our banner  to use in our challenge.


We would love it if you care to display it on your
 blogs too 
 Also this one if you prefer to just add to your blogs 



Thank you so much for coming to have a look.




Challenges:





I think the mantra for crafting is 'never, never
throw away anything' My flower was stamped and
embossed on one of many snippets of
vellum in my stash.
















17 comments:

lostinpaper said...

One word... Stunning!

cm said...

GORGEOUS! The gold, the flowers, the pink/purple, the design: simply amazing! Apologies for being MIA the last bit (my sister-in-law passed away; hearts hurting; celebration of her life this coming weekend), but I'm aiming to catch up. Seeing your cards is guaranteed to lift my spirits!
Hugs~carol

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card, love the flower stamp you've used for this.

Sue xx

Di said...

Totally fabulous card Aileen! Love the colours and the gold together on such a wonderful image too.

Hugs

Di xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous my friend, amazing coloring on vellum Aileen. This paper is so tricky to work with, specially if you want to heat emboss it but you did a marvelous job doing it, I love the way the colors blended on the back side.
This is one of my favorite sets from Altenew, the flowers are just perfect for any kind of coloring and so elegant for any kind of greeting card.
Beautiful job, my dear.
XO
Maria.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, just stunning all looks so good.xx {aNNie}

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely stunning card...your flower is as beautiful as it gets.

Rushd Lady said...

Gorgeous! And your pink noses are so cute too! grin!

Di said...

Me again Aileen! Of course you're not too late to be in the prize draw in the Playground! The gates are open until Saturday morning UK time - you already entered of course and I've added your name to the 'yes please' list :)

Hugs

Di xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow Aileen, your flowers are absolutely gorgeous!

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow mf...this is beyond gorgeous...love the touches of gold.

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Aileen, I just love how you coloured that pretty flower. The gold foiling and the dots set off so well too. Another fab card my talented friend ;) hugs Viv xx

Joyce said...

Oh, this is so very pretty. I love your gold and the coloring on the flower. I have bought so many of those little paper pads from PTI, and then I never use them. You are inspiring me to dig into my stash. Thanks for that!

Traci S. said...

I am sorry for your loss. Hold her deeply in your heart and when you are able, share stories about her, to keep her memory alive in your heart and others.

I am lifting you and all of her loved one's up in prayer. Praying for peace and comforting from the One who loves us most of all. God bless!

Traci Starkweather

Traci S. said...

Hi Aileen!

What a stunning card! I love the foil covered ring,and your coloring is so flawless! I love how you blended the colors.

This card could be used for any occasion! It's beautiful for a birthday card, a Thanksgiving card, anniversary,
T-O-Y, even a lovely sympathy card. I love the Altenew flowers, too! I love this card!

I saw this posted on Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge today!

He-IS-Able!
Traci Starkweather tracistarkweather@gmail.com

TaeEun said...

The vellum flowers and leaves are so beautifully colored with Zigs! I should try that too! The background panel and your vellum elements go so well together! Wishing you a good start into the new week!

Kasandra said...

This florist is the absolute best! Their Same Day Flower Delivery totally caught my eyes when I was just passing by. Always has a great selection and will make a beautiful custom arrangement on the spot.