Translate

Saturday 5 November 2016

The Flower Challenge #2 Theme 'Occassion'

I'm away on holiday with my children and my parents. 
A special holiday before mum and dad move again.

I needed to prepare a card for the Challenge and did a wonderful watercolour,
went to post it last night and realised it said 'Hello' not very special occasion.

So I have fallen back on a set of cards that I made using the lily layers
stamp from Altenew. I still haven't posted about them so felt I could use one of
the cards thats a 'Congratulations' one.






I am busy learning to use layer stamps and am still struggling a bit 
getting the layers lined up properly but I was happy with the end result.


I have been having fun trying all the colour mixes and will share
the others later. I have used a card stock I found that has a wonderful
weave look and used this for the stamped layer and the card base
itself. I have cut a pink layer to go behind to highlight the stamped
layer and finished off with a gold mirror cardstock die cut.

The funny bit was I made two sets of cards, 14 in all before I realised I had
stamped the flower centres in the same colour rather than yellow or brown.
Ahh well I cant be perfect all the time lol.


Now its time to go and check out what the rest of the DT's have made.



12 comments:

Di said...

Wow Aileen, this is fabulous! Your layers look fine to me and someone said on my blog that they really don't need to be lined up perfectly to look good. I'm not sure about that as am a bit of a perfectionist though.

If you hop over to my blog, after what I hope is a lovely holiday, you'll find details of how I lined my layered stamps up using my Misti (I know you have one as well) plus a piece of acetate. There are also tutorial on YouTube if my instructions are rubbish :) http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/tricks-with-misti-2-multiple-layer.html

Hugs

Di xx

Viv said...

Beautiful card Aileen and I love the flower centres too ;) Viv xx

Lynne in NI said...

Such a pretty flower, love your layout too Aileen.
Hope you have a lovely holiday and that the sun is shining for you :)

I Card Everyone said...

Well it is lovely, Aileen! Those layers are fun, even if a struggle ... when it goes right, OH how gorgeous - just like you did with this one!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...simply stunning flower!!! So beautiful.

Rushd Lady said...

As a doodler, I would have taken a fine-line gray marker and ran a line next to those stamens to pop them out from the background. The beauty of being a new doodler is that you don't have to have anything even -- I'm mean, it's not fine-art, so it's very free-ing and fun to do. I took a class from Stephanie Ackerman. She has an online class at Etsy. I think I gave the link for it on my blog. And what I'm doing for Kathy's challenge is my practice sheets. I drew it first in my graph notebook and then drew it again on a blank sheet of paper, so even more practice! grin! Thank's for taking the time to find my blog to leave a comment. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous flower.
Hope you are enjoying your holiday - you deserve it :)

Unknown said...

It's absolutely beautiful! I especially love the cardstock...can you let us know the brand or where it can be bought please? Debbie

Aileen said...

Debbie if you come back to check I just wanted to let you know that it was something I bought on ebay years ago then never used. Now of course I am using it, loving it and cant remember where I got it. Will see if I can find any record of it and get back to you. I did try to email you but couldn't find an email or blog for you, sorry.

Karren said...

These flowers look gorgeous, Aileen and your card is beautiful (and not a "hello" in sight LOL)

Lisa T said...

I love a bit of stamp layering, and I wouldn't have noticed the lack of stamens! That cardstock is beautiful too, love the overall look of these cards Aileen :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aileen, love this beautiful Lily, the colors are so pretty layered like that.
The paper is awesome, resembles a pad of water color paper I have called Canva paper, it looks like canvas, hence the name.
Beautiful card, my friend.
Big Hugs,
Maria.