Translate

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Watercolour Merry Christmas


My Christmas Card today is a quick watercolour. first I have stamped onto watercolour
cardstock then white embossed. I used Zig Watercolours at full strength within the stars but
very watery from the top of the card downwards.

I just carried the colour down to the top of each of the stars. Once the panel had dried
I added to my card base.



I then added a silver glitter cardstock die cut 'Merry Christmas. How easy was that. and now more tags that then got made into Christmas cards.

I got the idea for this collection outages from Jessica Frost Ballas
from her tags on 25 Days of Tags at Tracey's Challenge


and have used the same ombre paper pad from lil inker (love it). I actually
thought at first she had painted the line of colour. So simple this way.
Just changed the angle of cutting for each.

Then cut some white glitter card stock Christmas words and silver ones and
added to each layer. also added pieces of vellum behind two, one left plain.


Added ribbon to one and silver cord to two others. Did cut silver rings for top of
tags. all done nice and simple then again made into cards. Didn't worry about snow flakes except on the Joy Tag which I then added a couple more to, just never got around to photographing again.

My Final tag is white embossed on
cardstock, then embossed with dark and light blue until
I am happy with the final result.


When I had finished blending I gave the piece a brief  spray with Glimmer Mist

Which is what you an see here in the photo here..I then die cut with the stitch rectangle die and layered onto the die cut stitched tag that has been layered onto a die cut stitched tag from glitter card stock. A couple of clear gems were added to the tag in the circles and cord threaded through the centres.


Challenges to be Added::

The Blended tag and the watercoloured
Christmas Card



The Merry Christmas Card watercoloured




The tags are designed along Jessica's designs





The single blended dark blue and white
 embossed christmas tree tag




watercoloured Merry Christmas stars card




Set of three tags with lots of die cuts




The single Blue blended and White embossed
Christmas tree tag- I added the wrong image on the Simon Says
blog and was unable to remove the link. It was meant to be the Blue
blended White embossed Christmas Tree.




Watercolour Merry Christmas Card



Thanks so much for coming to look

























10 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

These are all fab Aileen! You'd be very welcome to come and colour at my house, though I reckon it's warmer in your part of the world, so maybe I'll come and play with your stash instead ;)

*Vicki* said...

These are all really beautiful makes Aileen!! Such happy colors and festive designs! HUGS

TaeEun said...

They are all fabulous, Aileen! I really love the non-traditional refreshing colors of your holiday creations!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so much wonderfulness in one post, just love it all!

Gayatri said...

All your cards and tags are wonderful. My favourite is the first card. Love the stars on the card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes. Gayatri xx

Barbara said...

Every single work is beautiful! Love your watercolor mixed with white embossing! Your card is so festive! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Basslady said...

all your creations are so joyful and adorable!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Cazro said...

A super cute card. Thanks for joining in the fun at MMM. Caz DT.

Bobby said...

Bringing the watercolor down like that makes it look like clouds, Aileen. What a festive card with the rainbow stars. Your tags are all great but I'm partial to the darker blue one.

Viv said...

Pretty card and tags here Aileen,wow you have made so many gorgeous Xmas cards/tags now too ;) Viv xx