Translate

Sunday 13 November 2016

You were born to Sparkle

 Its y granddaughters birthday soon and so far I have made two cards that I cant decide between so I might need to make anther to up the competition.

This is another new to me image from Mo's digital Pencil


Of course she comes with this wonderful sentiment. Sophie loves dressing up
and playing make believe and as I am Nanny I get to join in the games. Mostly with jewellery
hats, hair ties etc and characters.


I have coloured her with Copics combining Pink and Purple. A bit of silver on er tap shoes
so they click when she dances and glitter on the under shirts. Ohhh no I just noticed I forgot her beads so we will have to pretend they are pearls ok.



I finished off with my favourite these days running a strip of pink and silver washi tape down each side of the card then added dimensional tape behind the girls image to lift it slightly.


This next card is actually for CAS(e) the Sketch Challenge

Im not so sure Im happy with it but I had an idea and went with it
so will see how it sits for me and may try again if I have time.

I have gone Gold and Lilac. The Gold die cut has been cut in half then trimmed a bit
more to make it smaller. I thought it would be perfect for the Challenge. It is a die I bought from Papertrey Inks and have found myself struggling with it. Thinking I need to try watercolour.

Anyway back to this I have attached at the top and bottom of the card. Then added the beautiful lilac die cut 'Fabulous'. Felt it was looking a little too little in the centre so decided to blend so Distress Ink in an oval shape. Boy easier said than done, trying to line it up but got there. Blended softly then flicked a wee bit of water. Doesn't really show here.

Challenges:

You were born to sparkle card







My second card with the gold die cuts.



Again my second card with the gold die cuts



I have taken my inspiration from the sparkle
and the mix of pink and purple for
my top card.




You were born to sparkle card


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








19 comments:

lostinpaper said...

She has totally made me smile Aileen!

Michelle said...

So adorable this image. Great coloring.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fabulous little dancer. Your coloring is so beautiful! And your second card is a fabulous take on the sketch. So glad you played along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Love the mo's image and the way you coloured it. I can picture you playing dress up with her.

Darnell said...

Excellent cards for the challenges, Aileen! I especially love that sweet and delightful card for your granddaughter ~ and the "pearls" are perfect!! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Two lovely cards. The sparkle one is really joyous.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

I Card Everyone said...

I think pearls are the best choice for this marvelous get up, Aileen! Darling cards - and thanks so much for the FABulous entry to our CTS gallery!
=]

BożenA said...

I am an adult, but I would be delighted if I got the first of these cards on your birthday! She is simply stunning and I love how you painted it. I am charmed by her.
BożenA xx

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet cards...just adorable and beautiful!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Both cards are excellent but your little pink girl is adorable! Thanks for joining us at CYP!
Hugs!

cm said...

Completely smitten with your little girl, thoroughly enjoying being jazzed up in her sparkly dress, glittery tap-shoes, feather boa and, of course, her pearl necklace! Exuberance to the max! My niece loves to play dress-up, too and as Aunty c...well, you know how it goes! Too much fun!
Hugs~carol

cm said...

I was so captivated by your first card I forgot to add that your gold-and-lilac creation is a beauty as well!
Hugs~c

aussie aNNie said...

Love this gorgeous work here, the colours and added goodies are just perfect... Hope your day is good.xx {aNNie}

Bobby said...

We all should sparkle like that little girl, Aileen. Your intricate foil cut is lovely and I'm so glad you shared your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Aileen! I especially love your little ballerina, great job colouring the folds in her tutu - I think it would be perfect for your granddaughter!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Aileen! That wee girl is just the cutest thing and you've coloured her so beautifully. She just makes me smile!

Pia Larsen said...

FAB girl and card!
Thanks for joining us at INK.

BożenA said...

Hello Aileen,
This card fits perfectly to our challenges. Beautiful golden color theme emphasizes the central element of the card.
Thank you for sharing with us HLS CAS.
BozenA DT HLS

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Absolutely lovely cards! The girl is adorable. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!