Translate

Saturday 3 December 2016

A Few More Christmas Cards

Its the Special Olympics Dinner and Christmas party tonight so I am quickly doing a post before we put on our dancing shoes and nick out the door. Then tomorrow is my granddaughters 4th birthday. Posts have been a bit erratic with moving mum and dad into the Nursing Home but hoping things will settle a bit now. Christmas tends to be rather quiet here with lots of travelling elsewhere to parents and grandchildren.

So lets get started. 

  I coloured a trio of penguins four times. This is a great way to get
a few cards done at the same time, using the same colours as the cards were going to the
'Caring Hearts Card Drive' I didnt need to worry about anyone getting the same cards
within the family.



After I finished colouring I die cut each with a stitched curved corner rectangle die.
I have a new die cutting machine that is sooooooo easy to use and I so wish I had changed to before. I have struggled with my cuttlebug, don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic machine and does a brilliant job. BUT I have weak hands that ache all the time so having to put extra effort into getting some dies through and doing extra passes through all made using the machine a chore. Then comes my Sizzex and suddenly its just this quick easy one pass every time. Ohhh joy ohhh happiness. My only concern is sometimes if I use the same die a number of times it starts warping or even cutting so tight you have to like 'pop' the paper/cardstock from it and I don't know why that happens. I remember to turn and rotate my plates regularly but anyway its a minor thing. My plates after this Christmas making spree look as though I have had them for 10 years not a month lol.



If you look at the layer that is coloured you can see a foam layer behind each cut from
nice bright coloured foam in the same size so it shows.

I used some Christmas ribbon along the bottom of each card then
mounted the coloured panel slightly above. Even though it sits slightly higher
than the fold of the card it looks cool and fits in the envelope ok.


I added clear glitter stickles to each card where the snow was falling and it wasn't till I was taking the photos that I realised I needed to go and finish the ground on three of the cards. Have since done that.



They were then all finished off with different die cut Christmas related words cut from glitter paper.


How easy was this card, lots of die cutting and glitter and bling.
First I cut out the Merry & Bright die cut on this fantastic red shinny
card stock and I didnt want to cut away all of it so left the top
and bottom.





Then decided to add white glitter paper to the card base, then the Merry & Bright
panel. I then die cut the christmas trees in silver mirror card and green glitter
card. I then added the silver out line to a piece of double sided sticky sheet. Put
all the green glitter bits in then trimmed it around the silver out line. Removed the
back of the sheet and stuck it down. 



Challenges:

A couple of days late posting my last  card but I loved every minute of every day. It made such a difference to me during a very hard month having colouring to get me through these days. What Kathy achieves with these days is amazing, the talent and getting to meet new people all the time. He work is wonderful and what she does is amazing and I thank her for it.
I won a prize for one of my favourite companies, Altenew, so I could be happier and I was featured each time in Kathy's 'It's All About You'.  You inspire us all Kathy.



Merry & Bright Glitter card




My little dancing Penguins 'Joy' Card




Dancing Penguins 'Merry Christmas'





Dancing Penguins Joy Card





Dancing Penguins Joy Card






The Merry & Bright Card







Thanks soon much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.













22 comments:

Donna said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Thank you for joining our Chilly Friends challenge this week at Little Red Wagon. Donna (DT)

Karren said...

Beautiful cards, Aileen. Your trio of penguins are adorable.

*Vicki* said...

Those penguins look like they are getting ready to dance along with you!! LOL!! Super cute card and both of these are really beautiful!! Have fun tonight! HUGS

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Aileen, your little penguins are sooooooo cute!
Hope you have a great time at your parties!

Lin said...

2 wonderful designs for Christmas, Aileen! Love all your word dies you used to change things up a bit on each card! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kim Heggins said...

So many wonderful and beautiful cards. Your coloring is shear perfection as always!

Flo Langley said...

Wonderful makes Aileen. Those penguins are soooo cute.
Flo x

Unknown said...

Aileen, love your card too! I like the bright colors you selected too!

Maria Valente said...

How beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Bobby said...

Your penguins are so cute and beautifully colored, Aileen.

Kathie said...

Oh Aileen you've been really busy with all your Christmas card, I do love these beautiful penguins I just adore this image especially with the assortment of colours you've used. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie PPCC~DT

TaeEun said...

You have so many fun images, Aileen! The penquins are adorable and your design, too! The bright foam mat under the colored panel looks very pretty! Love your second card,too! super sparkly!!!

BożenA said...

Your holiday cards are so much fun! I love them for it. Vivid intense colors exude immense good energy. Beautiful card. I hope that with your parents is getting better and already adopted the new situation ... Often I think of you,
hugs,
BozenA

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh so cute!! ♥ Sue Kment

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Too cute! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your penguins are so cheerful! And I love the CAS glitter card! TFS!

cm said...

OH my gosh! Those penguins! Who makes them! You've coloured them up wonderfully; so joyful! I hear you about the cuttlebug issue; mine finally went kaput and I switched to the Big Shot that I had 'on hand' (one needs to be prepared, living where I do...). No more running things through 20 times to get a clean cut, but that only happened after a LOT of wear and tear! As for the warping of dies: yes! Again, glad to know I'm not the only one who has to do a few extra steps...
Hugs~carol

Kathy said...

Amazing card. Love all your detail.
Hugs, Kathy The Daily Marker

Viv said...

Yet more great Xmas cards again! love the cute penguins...so much colouring too, bet your hands ache after all that.The sentiment one with the little trees is so pretty too, love all the shine ;) Viv xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Love your style! Thanks for sharing at Inkspirational!