Translate

Thursday 8 December 2016

Hopping by to wish you a Non traditional Merry Christmas


I feel as though I have Christmas cards coming out my ears. I might just have to give up on sharing all my cards this year...... there were just too many. Mind you I promise any that include humour will make it here as I do like to share a giggle or two plus there are plenty of challenges, its just I would like to go back to making cards.

On Tuesday  my granddaughter and I sat down to make some Christmas cards for her friends and paper chains. We got lots of paper chains made but Sophie spent so much time on her card for her best friend I was worn out afterwards.......

First we had to stamp on the inside, she picked the Christmas stamps and everything had to be hot pink, I inked she stamped. then it was glitter stickers on the outside of the card, nothing bigger than a flea in white space was to be left except one area where she drew her best friend Illana a Unicorn, such a unicorn with such wonderful detail...... getting down each time to look closely at her unicorns tail to check his tail colour and match the colour stand for strand.

After this came the dictated letter to Illana (ohhh wow nanny you can spell her name!!!!....3 pages later)

So thats one card done, only 23 more to go.

This card was made using the cute Mo's digital image that I coloured up in a number of different non traditional colours and added lots of Kindy glitz to. I then die cut with this strange shaped die that I cant think of the name of, sorry.

Very simple card layout. I added a layer of red Christmas pattern paper across the card. In this close up you can see there are little glitter dots all over the paper but they don't show in the other photos.


Added the die cut panel on top then a Christmas sentiment die cut from mirror cardstock.

My next card really didn't start life as a Christmas card. I love this stencil from Hero Art and decided to blend with distress Inks.


Giving the illusion of layers by using darker colours or more of the same colour in areas.
After I had finished blending I sprayed liberally with Shimmer mist and you can see
the sparkle here.




I don't have any Poinsettia stamps or stencils but decided that this could be my substitute. I feel with a Christmas sentiment it makes a pretty cool Christmas card. I am so in love with this Stamplorations die - I think I got 5 or 6 and honestly they are my absolutely favourites  at this time. Cant get enough of them. Here the die cut is cut from a pale pink metallic cardstock and it looks fantastic IRL.


Challenges:

Little baby hopping along in the Christmas stocking





Baby hopping along in the Christmas stocking




Non traditional Christmas card





Baby hopping along in the Christmas stocking




Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








16 comments:

Anonymous said...

that little hopping elf is so cute and i love the stencilled flowers for a christmas card!

Kylie said...

That baby in the stocking is simply adorable. All that sparkle is amazing!!! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards xx

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Aileen and a great story. You have amazing patience :)

maria f. said...

Wow. Came to see your elf (love that design with the giant sentiment) and was wowed by your cool stenciled Christmas card too. Lovely, Aileen.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fabulous cards. Love the gorgeous glitter on your first one.
Your second is so clever. Love how you used a non Christmas stencil - the inking looks amazing.

cm said...

Aileen, your crafting-with-Sophie adventures have me giggling out loud; these sound exactly like mine with my niece. Every. Little. Detail needs 100% attention; it's a wonder anything is accomplished! Hope you'll show us her special no-white-space, sticker-infused, special-unicorn card. Heart touched by the bond you have! Your elf cards are beyond darling and your stenciled poinsettia (glad to know I'm not the only one without a poinsettia. Can't figure out why I don't; guess I'll need to remedy the situation with, hopefully, an after-Christmas sale...) is lovely! The Stamploration dies are awesome!
Hugs~carol

TaeEun said...

That sweet image of Mo's makes me happy, Aileen! The stenciled background on the second card can be Poinsettias, just right for a christmas card! Now I want to see Sophie's card :)!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute elf in stocking and fabulous stencil use for CUTplorations thanks for joining in

Bobby said...

The elf in a stocking is so cute, Aileen, and that stencil works well for a Christmas card.

Viv said...

Two super cards here Aileen, I love that cute sparkly elf on the first one.The glorious colour and fab stencilling on the second is amazing.Loving the sparkle on them both too ;) Viv xx

Julie B said...

What cheeky little elf, beautifully coloured too.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Lynne in NI said...

More gorgeous cards! I totally understand being worn out after crafting with young ones - my Step-granddaughter made ONE Christmas card last night and I think I'll be cleaning up the glitter debris for the next 2 months ;)

Greta said...

The first card is darling--love the sparkle! Very creative & beautiful "poinsettia" card, Aileen!

Monika Skinner said...

Great set of Christmas cards. Love the non-traditional take. Thanks for playing along at STAMPloratiosn CUTplorations Challenge. Good Luck! :-)

BożenA said...

Well! It looks like a million dollars! Pillow as a base for this beautiful image is perfect. I love the red panel. Yes, this card is perfect!
BożenAxx

shirley-bee said...

Love your stencilled flowers, Aileen! (Love the elf card too!). Thanks for playing along at CUTplorations, and Happy New Year!