Translate

Friday 27 January 2017

Love you, With Love and Happy Bird-day



Today I have three cards for you. I did lots of Copic colouring.

This card was made using a digi image I downloaded from PowerPoppy.
Its called Magnolia Sunshine and is included in their Winter sets. I wanted
to enter their January Challenge and it needed to be one of their winter stamps
or digitals. Love colouring these, with the lines and shadows it makes it an
easy to colour image.

I used pinks yellows and greens for this set. I was going to leave it one layer but had
just taken delivery of the oval die seen here which comes in two sizes plus a smaller
circle with petals in it. I didnt press out the die cut half circles, I wanted to leave them in
so the image off cuts didnt show through.


I fussy cut the bottom half of the image asI wanted it to look like the flowers
are flowing over the frame. I used a piece of pattern paper where its white with
glossy white indented circles. It doesn't show very well here but looks so elegant
and perfect with the flowers and gold die cut. Finished off with my favourite 'love you' 
sentiment from Technique Tuesday.


This is another new to me image drawn by Mo. I love her images
and find it very difficult to stop myself purchasing but as she has been
doing for a while when she first releases a new image it is 50% off for 24 hours.
So at $2 US thats a real bargain and one I cant ignore. If you are new
to digital images go check it out Mo's digital Pencil and please don't blame
me if you end up addicted to her images like I am. By the way if you aren't keen
on using digital a lot of her images are available as stamps through Penny Black
(not all but a lot of them), of course more expensive but for stamps a very good price.
Back to my card, I decided I didnt want my bride in white so I used my
Copic Pearl White E41 for her dress and felt this worked perfectly with
her vintage look. I did a very light coat for her veil and a few layers for the dress.


I used dusky pink colours for the flowers and trim on her dress. A dull yellow
for the stone seat she sits on. 
Lots of Wink of stella in the veil and flowers but
not very visible in the close up so you will just have to trust me on that.

I bought some cheap (yes I am still buying some washi tapes) at Kmart but at 4 rolls
for $4AUS it was a bargain.  They were all tapes with foil gold this one being very thin
and gold hearts, perfect for the occasion. I then added the coloured image but with dimensional
foam tape so it sat just slightly higher and finished off  with gold sequins and 'with love' die cut sentiment from Penny black.

My last card is with a stamp from penny Black. Love this cat and he's cheeky face.
First time used thought I have had it in my NBUS pile for a long time.  
After colouring with Copics and making him a bit of a ginger and my birds
come from my fantasy garden remember where everything is rainbow coloured.
I had finished colouring and added the sentiment and then went to add to the card front
and realised I needed the tree to go a bit higher, I had finished colouring just above the birds
and it looked silly. I was going to get the Copics out but then thought of the leaves I have used
here. They were already coloured and cut out in my box of pre coloured flowers and were 
perfect.


The bird looks like he has flown out of the leaves and just spotted the cat. Rather than
a solid sky and clouds I decided to just do the Copic spot technique around the birds and the
cat and finished off with a few clear sequins.

All finished and for those of you who are perfectionists I don't want you looking at the bottom
right of the card and be thinking, 'mmmm she didn't take the colouring low enough' because
I will fix it.......maybe!!!!


Challenges

Love you card - was unable to link so left
my link in comments.




With love card with the bride.




Happy Bird-day card





how to choose, two digitals new NBUS, 
one stamp old but NBUS but I decided on the
first card 'Love You' as the oval frame is
also NBUS -quite a feat 4 NBUS one post.





Happy Bird-day card





With Love -, soon to
be married.




Something New - both the  flower image and the die
 used for the 'Love You' card are new.




The bride card - With love






Love you floral card with the gold frame




Happy Bird-day card - will try and link
through comments as unable to link through post.




Thank you so much for coming to look and I hope you come again soon.
















35 comments:

Nonni said...

What a fantastic trio of cards! I adore your coloring, these cards make me want to go to my craft room and start coloring... Why does one have to work?!? :) Thanks for popping by my blog.

papierelle said...

Great coloring!!! And tree great cards. My favourite is the last card, I love cats and I love funny cards with cats.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow three awesome cards Aileen the top two are so incredibly beautiful the third one is full of fun, superb work
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

Three gorgeous cards, Aileen, beautiful colouring. The cat card brought a smile to my face!

Stacy Morgan said...

Great array of cards. Your blooms popped up around the decorative frame is wonderful. I like the springy colors and talk about gorgeous coloring. This is fantastic. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark Winter Blooms challenge this month.

Viv said...

All fab as always Aileen, beautiful bright flowers and sweet lady but ah that crazy cat lol...I like him ;) hugs Viv xx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Wow! Your colouring is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM.

Emma - Design Team

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

You have been super busy Aileen and all your cards are fantastic. Love the femininity of your first card, and I am still giggling at the last card - I adore that one. Your 'with love' card is super! That is a fab image and you have coloured it beautifully. I especially like the gold hearts on the borders - so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing this one with us at Less is More xx

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Every single one of your creations here is awesome! I think your coloring is absolutely amazing!! Beautiful work as always! Happy weekend! :)

Ruth said...

I absolutely love those flowers! Your Copic colouring is really beautiful on that. The cat image I just think is hilarious and I don't need you telling me to go find some other stamps I'll want to buy 😂😂😂😂 xx

Babs said...

I absolutely love all of these gorgeous cards all coloured so beautifuly.

Hugs Babs x

Esther said...

Fab cards! The cat one is sooooo funny, and the top one is full of elegance <3 I love your entry for our new beginnings challenge which is beautifully coloured and such a gorgeous digi. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Rose said...

Your colouring on all 3 cards is just lovely! Those flowers are just gorgeous & the Wink of Stella on the brides veil is so pretty!

Bobby said...

It looks like you had a fun day coloring, Aileen. I love the flowers falling over the frame. All three cards are beautifully done.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally love the coloring of the flowers on the first card! Just beautiful~

Ashwini Rao said...

Wow! You've totally been busy coloring..and with wonderful results, Aileen! Love all of these cards! I did love the first one loads - I love flowers and this one is a masterpiece, what with the gold frame and all! And the last one too - cheeky is the word alright! :) I love how you've improvised and added the leaves - a very fine touch too! Thank you so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Peanut said...

WOW! Such gorgeous cards, Aileen. My fave .... hard to choose. LOVE them all.
x Asha

Karren said...

Three gorgeous cards, Aileen! Your colouring is fabulous on all three and I just adore that Power Poppy image.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, what an amazing, gorgeous card, love, love the way you framed it, I MUST try this technique, it adds such a wonderful detail to this already beautiful image.
Your coloring is perfect, this flowers makes me long for Spring, the sentiment is perfectly paired.
Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, I hope to see you back in the gallery again soon.
Now, the other two cards are so beautiful too, the bride card is so romantic and the kitty card hilarious, fabulous trio of awesome cards, thank you for sharing.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness your cards are amazing!! I love your beautiful colouring! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Loll said...

All your cards are fantastic, Aileen. Especially love the gorgeous bouquet that is spilling out of the frame. Very clever and creative design. You have really showed off your amazing copic colouring skills with these cards. xx

Craftyfield said...

Both digital image cards are beautifully coloured and the Penny black cat card is great fun. No need to colour to the edge... call it "vignette" and tell them you designed it that way!

lostinpaper said...

Your cards are all so very fabulous Aileen! The bouquet, so serene, Mo's image, coloured to perfection and you know how I feel about the PB cats, it was a great save on the leafy tree!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Beautiful cards, Aileen! Have to say, the Power Poppy card is my fave- the touches of gold are magnificent! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement following by crafty break. It is greatly appreciated!

Mimi said...

Hey, busy gal! All three of these are lovely, but I've gotta say: the bride stole the show for me. I'm not even usually a cartoony-digi-type-person, but you've colored her so well, and the image is so sweet, then your treatment of the panel... sold. Thank you for sharing at SOS this week. Keep up the excellent work!

Gayatri said...

All your cards are awesome. LOVE the flower cluster on the first card. Gold frame is amazing. Your colouring is awesome. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything goes challenge.

M said...

LOVE your set of cards, Aileen!!! They are all fabulous and I love your colouring, however the birthday card is awesome with the kitty cat ...lol :) Thank you for joining the girlfriends this week at Little Red Wagon! :)

Trina P. said...

Your first floral card was what brought me to your website from NBUS and then to see two more great cards - what a treat! 😊 I do really love how you coloured the Floral card and the design. It's gorgeous.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh those framed flowers are absolutely gorgeous! All fab cards :)
I have that kitty stamp too but would never have thought of adding the leaves on the tree, reckon I'll be copying that idea ;)

A.Rose said...

The bird day card is perfect! Kitty is going to have a great day!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful cards....but that cat and bird card simply steals the show, just as cute as can be.

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the pretty coloured flowers and the golden frame!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "All That Glitters is Gold" challenge.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really beautiful cards. I love the way you colored the power poppy image and that great gold frame!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh that magnolia sunshine card design is gorgeous! Such beautiful colouring and so perfectly spring! The gold touches really make it glitzy too. Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Power Poppy Aileen!

Helen Gullett said...

WOW... all of them are fantastic! Thanks for playing along with ATSM Challenge 226