Translate

Saturday 11 February 2017

Two valentines Cards & A Bit of Attitude

I have these bird images from Tiddy Inks and you can get them in a set on the branch or
as individual birds. Each is holding a note so you can resize to what you want to
include on the note. I opened the graphic in Adobe Photoshop so

I could type in the sentiment 'Happy Valentines Day, Love You'.
Splitting the word Valentine made for a good fit. Coloured the birds in
rainbow colours with Copics. Die cut the piece with a Stitch rectangle
die cut then a piece of heart pattern paper next size up.
The die cut here came with an order from Mama Elephant as a Thank you
gift for my order. How sweet is that and looks perfect die cut in gold mirror
card.


I didnt add the die cut sentiment to this card. And decided to colour all
the birds in red. Another heart pattern paper background for this card. Die cut
stitched tags for both cards.

I have followed the Sketch at Freshly Made Sketches with this 
fantastic sketch by Jen
only I changed the direction of the card going Landscape rather
than Portrait. Hopefully thats okay and I have stayed close
enough to the Sketch.


This next card I have used Stella from Bugaboo Digi Stamps
Now  have quite a few of these and haven't used for a while and was visiting
and of course did some more shopping (I know more NBUS) but it
inspired me to get out some images I had printed and needed colouring.

I was looking at things I had coloured a few years ago and not used and suddenly
raised how much I colouring has come along. They really needed to be tossed, 
cleaned out and start again.

I need another Colouring Challenge to catchup and stock up.
Anyway back to Stella I have coloured her with Copics.



Die cut with a curved edge rectangle die then cut the piece of pattern
paper with the same die so I could inset the image.


Love this pattern paper which is a nice golden colour IRL.
I then stamped the sentiment 'Old age ain't no place for sissies' accredited
to Bette Davis. Don't you just love Stella, looks like she is walking past
the window and just paused to drop that comment and walk on......
I have also dug out a bunch of stamps with 'sentiments' with
attitude and thought it was time to share them. Don't look at the crooked
stamping, used the Misti just didn't bother to test first and it is a red rubber
stamp so you cant see if its straight.

I had already done three backgrounds before I was happy so I took
Stella's attitude.... this is no place for sissies.



Challenges:

Happy Valentines Day




Valentine card with little chickies  in red, wishing everyone
Happy Valentines Day with hearts and hearts on the backing paper.




The second valentine where the birds are red, the pattern paper is pink
and the card white. Just not sure if the blue sky dots take it out of the
challenge, let me know and I will remove the link if not right.



The First Valentine card with the birds on it.





The first bird card with rainbow birds
Happy Valentines With Love.





I dug out my stamps at last with all those wonderful comments
we love to add to our cards. So finally following
the challenge with an Outrageous sentiment. Stella 
and the cat.




Stella and cat card.




New image from Bugaboo and also the sentiment has never
been used before. Stella and Cat.


Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.













24 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great cards! Thanks for playing along with two of my favourite challenges: SoSS and CWS, Jo x

Viv said...

Two great cards Aileen - adore the birds! x

Jane Willis said...

Two totally different but equally wonderful cards. I love the sentiment you've paired with Stella! Thanks for being Outrageous with the Sistahs
Jane

Marlies said...

These are fantastic cards Aileen. Those little birds are adorable and a very good idea on the notes. Fab colouring. The other is a great fun card! love the sentiment haha. Marlies

Helen F. said...

Totally adorable cards, Aileen. Love the little birdies :)
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps challenge this month.

Karren said...

Super cute cards, Aileen! The birds are adorable and I just love the sentiment on your second card.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous cards....so love your last one and it is so very true!

Greta said...

2 cute cards, Aileen! I really love the little red birds!

Mac Mable said...

Such fun cards. Love how you re-sized the first one and the colours are gorgeous. x

Sarn said...

All the cards you've posted here are cute and fun.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Catherine said...

I love the sweet image on your Valentine's Day card. Great job coloring and the old age card is adorable. Love them both! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Jen Brum said...

What a great set of cards! I love that row of birds! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy O said...

Cute cards! Love the sweet Valentine birds. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Majo said...

Oh yes! I agree! Thanks so much for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for *O* is for Outrageous!

Majo - DT ♥

Anita in France said...

Stella is just so fun, Aileen ... and that's such a great sentiment with her! LOVE those birds on a branch ... both the multi coloured ones and the rich red ones ... they're completely adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

Donna said...

Fab cards! Gotta love Stella and her snarky attitude!
Thanks for joining Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers for O is for Outrageous!

Lindsey said...

Teehee, "browsing" at Bugaboo rarely works, does it? ;) Love your Stella image, and the sentiment is all too true. And while your first card is far from snarky, it is very cute! ;) Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just love this adorable bunch of birds haolding together a velentine message. Great coloring, and I love the gold die cut sentiment. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Clean And Simple Card Challenge.

cm said...

Your birdies are the branch are delightful! Perfect for sending Valentine messages! And Sheila...yep, she's right! Such fun!
Hugs`c

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I am finding the truth in your second card! Stella is not fake news. The bird cards are cute too. Thanks for playing in our "O is for Outrageous" challenge at the Snarky Sisterhood!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Wow! So sweet cards, Aileen! Your coloring is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Lilian said...

The first card is so cute! Lovely!!!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

The little bird are so cute :) Great card for valentine!
Thanks for sharing your card at Creative with Stamps this month!

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Aileen, these little birds are really cute!
I always love colors - so you catched me with your colorful rainbow-coloring! ;-)

Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)