Translate

Friday 3 March 2017

'1st Birthday' and 'Live like it's Spring everyday'

 It's not often that I already have a number of challenges in mind when I post
a card, usually I have to hunt a bit.
Not this time 2 cards and plenty of Challenges in mind.


This first one I played around with my new box die from Craftin' Desert Diva I loved it. 
What I really loved is the fact that they demonstrate 3 different ways to use the die on 
YouTube. I cut the die shape out twice, once on pattern side and once on the plain kraft side
so I could fold the box and have the same gold lines inside and outside.

I have done it so there is a slight opening giving the 3D effect and put one of
my little Fairies in it. She's jumping up out of the box to say 'Happy Birthday'.
I coloured her with Copics and a little bit of glitter pen but you cant see the glitter here.


Before I attached the box and stamped the sentiment I added this wonderful fine
washi tape that is one row of continuous hearts. I added three rows, then attached
the die cut and then stamped the sentiment.


This next card is made from two of the partial side dies I have in  set. I then watercoloured a piece of Tim Holtz watercolour paper. I used Distress Inks and water to get a nice mix going. I added 
pink, orange, red, yellow, blue and green but ended up liking the sections with the  warm colours.


I cut the pieces out to fit behind and show the colours I liked best.
After I finished attaching and turned the card over I had of course added
a mark there and there (yep where I put the enamel dots :)


Finished off with a lovely Spring sentiment.
Love how this looks and a great way to use up watercolour pieces
that just don't work out to be used as a whole piece.

Challenges:

!st Birthday card.



1st Birthday



1st Birthday



1st Birthday




Live like it's Spring everyday




Live Like it's Spring everyday




1st Birthday


The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge Day 3
Will add t'Live like it's Spring everyday'
 through Instagram


Thanks so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.








23 comments:

Jane said...

Loving the combination of these two die cuts and your colours are so hot! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Viv said...

Two beautiful cards here Aileen! love the little cutie popping out of the box and the pretty hearts. The second card is so bright and cheerful, great water colouring and love those die cuts too.Great placement of the enamel dots too....happy mistake then there ;) hugs Viv xx

Christine L said...

Loving both of these Aileen.. the image is so cute on the first one, and I love the washi tape you used.... then on the second, I love how you used the partial dies... very effective!

Christine x

Nonni said...

Such fun use of dies! I have to google that box die, I really love it, so many opportunities to play with it! Beautiful work! Thank you so much for joining us at HLS!

Esther said...

These are super cards! I adore the gold striped box and cute girl on the first one, and the vibrant colours behind the partial die cutting are so eye catching on the second. Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Unknown said...

Hello Aileen!! Beautiful cards. Love the super cute fairy inside the box and the vibrant colors and ink blending are gorgeous. Hugs, Raquel!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow! The colours you captured on your second card are absolutely stunning Aileen! Perfect backdrop for the TH dies. I think your first card is a real beauty too....so joyful and happy with that incredible image. You can't help but smile when you look at it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Viv said...

Great cards Aileen! Love the cute surprise in the parcel on the first and the colours and layout of the second are stunning.

Sarah G said...

Two fabulous designs, Aileen! Love the cute design on your first card with the washi tape in the background - great take on the sketch. The vibrant colours look gorgeous against the crisp white on your second card. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Loll said...

Hi Aileen. Your first card is adorable. That sweet little fairy jumping out of the gold striped box is so cute ... love the gold heart washi tape.

The colours behind your partial die-cutting definitely scream Spring to me. LOVE orange and pink (my favourite combo!). Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

That birthday card is so adorable, Aileen! I love that box and the wonderful dimension! And your watercolor piece is GORGEOUS! I thought the dots were a nice touch then read why they're there. What a happy accident to get smudges! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...two fabulous and sweet cards. That baby's first birthday is so much fun and your card using dies is so amazing...love it. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers.

TaeEun said...

What a sweet card for the first birthday! Your Copic coloring is so pretty as always! And I love the vibrant colors on the second card peeking through the partial die cut background! Fabulous!!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh WOW! Two fantastic cards here. The first one is guzzling with cuteness in a 'box' and a brilliant take on our sketch challenge. I'm swooning and picking my jaw up from the floor at the delightful mix of colours behind our die-cut panel to the second one. So elegant yet popping with vibrancy. Thanks for playing along at Less is More, AAA & HLS CAS challenge. x

lostinpaper said...

Both cards are fabulous Aileen, love love the fun bright panels in the second one, it's yet another clever design!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh that box die is fab, what a clever idea! And I LOVE your pink card - if I wasn't skint already I'd be adding your partial dies to my need list too. Maybe I'll just pop over and have a play in your craft stash instead ;)

nancy littrell said...

Aileen,



Aileen, TFS your cute and creative 1st birthday baby card. But your absolutely gorgeous Watercoloured 2nd card is so beautiful and clever. Your colors and even your enamel dots such beautiful reminders that Spring is on the way. Thank you for brightening our day and for joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs...

BożenA said...

Woooww! Two awesome card! The first wonderful with the added dimension of the box. And especially I like the contents of the box :-)) The second card is a real masterpiece. Great you merged the two dies. Nogdy would not have fallen on the way, and it looks stunning. And this still is a colorful watercolor background !!
Hugs,
BożenA

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

LOVE these two marvellous creations Aileen, both very clever and well thought out, the colours really pop on the second one!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Colleen said...

Your birthday card is so darn cute...that box and the little babe sitting inside is just too precious! thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Harriet Skelly said...

Yoour spring card is gorgeous! I love those die cuts and the really warm colors you used! Thank you for joining us at CAS Watercolor challenge!

Linda said...

Beautifully CAS and the birthday card is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with the HLS CAS challenge xx

Kathy said...

I love the clean and simple design of both of your cards! Thank you for participating in the 7th - 30 day coloring challenge!