Translate

Monday 13 March 2017

The Little elephants Standing in a Row



I decided to colour in three little elephants using three different tones of grey in copics.
I had just bought three in the N series and was disappointed that it appeared to be so
close to the C but having coloured the three elephants each with 1 + 3 + 5 in C W and N
I can distinctly see the difference so I am happier now.  Texture added by using the '0' marker to remove dots of colour.




Now onto another card using that Hero Art Stamp from last post. This time
coloured with Y000 Y02 Y06 Y08 and C greys. 


A few enamel dots just because I like using them and gold foiled washi
in zig zag on the side. Flower layer attached with a layer of bright yellow
fun foam behind it.


Finished off with this really pretty diecut XOXO from Stamplorations.


I just downloaded the latest version of Photoshop where I usually reduce the photo
size for the Web and found out that it had been quite a while since updating and they have changed
how you do things. Why must they fix what isn't broken, I hate it. Now I have to learn how to use
it to its best.


Okay I admit the crooked photo is mine and not the fault of the program. But my
photo has pixilated on the colours -aaaarrrr
I love this card, it was so simple and looks stunning, but it just doesn't show up here.


Close up should be showing you all the sparkle on the word but you can barely see it.
The watercolour paper is a Canvas paper, so looks and feels like Canvas but cuts like
paper. I just did strips of colour, all are Distress Ink colours, squished onto my workman
then added with a paint brush.




After it had dried I die cut with the word 'Magical' die from Stamplorations.
I then cut it another two times out of yellow fun foam, boy that saves time.
Glued everything back in place and added a few sparkly dots as I had some
purple ink spots that just wouldn't come off.


I thought I would also share this wonderful card I gave my husband
for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. Lucky he gets my humour though he disputes
the singlet as he is a T-shirt man.


Challenges




XOXO card yellow flower coloured with copics




Magical Card which has all the colours of spring.




I hope my hand painted rainbow of colours is what falls under 'background'
if not let me know and I will remove the link.
Magical




XOXO Card with foiled washi
and enamel dots to bling it up.





XOXO Card with Hero Art Flower





Magical card




Magical Card


Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.
















18 comments:

papierelle said...

Do not annoy. Do not annoy. Your cards are beautiful and the colors are so powerful.

lostinpaper said...

Another fab post full of inspiration Aileen! I haven't got the 'N'series of Copics as I thought the C and the T and the W was enough.... or is it? lol.

Ruth said...

Oooh yes you really can see the difference in this picture. I think I may be investing.... next month! Can't store anything at the moment anywhere! Lol! I know how you feel about things being upgraded. It's why I can't download pictures onto my iPad anymore from my computer - too long between upgrades on my iTunes :( But having said that, the yellows in your card are coloured beautifully! xx

Bonnie said...

I love these sweet elephants, Aileen! What fun and I see a definite difference in the grays! Love that bright, happy, yellow flower! And your magical card is, well, magical! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Aileen! The grey foliage with the yellow flower is such a fun look and I love your anniversary card - so funny!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lots of fun eye candy in this post! Well Done!!!

Loll said...

Interesting about the different shades of gray for the sweet elephants. Always good to experiment. :) Love the bright and fun colours of your Magical card, Aileen. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous elephants Aileen, you've coloured them beautifully! I haven't ventured down the copics path as once I start I'd need to have every colour, bit of an OCD thing lol! Love the look of them though. I bought chameleon pens but have to practice more :), Cathy x

Karen Dunbrook said...

great cards mf...love the colour blends on the last one, looks just like a rainbow! and perfect for Spring. I feel like it's never gonna get here, we are in the middle of a snow storm!
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge!!
xx Karen

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is definitely magical! Love those cheery, vibrant and fun colours - they literally pop then I am swooning at the camouflage sentiment too! A real stunner and great to see you play with us at HLS CAS challenge. x

Tanja said...

love your pretty flower card - thanks for sharing your creation at Addicted to Stamps and More

Caryn said...

What a variety of gorgeous cards - love the bright, fun colours.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxxx

Creative world said...

This is gorgeous...love the bright yellow flowers and gold washi...awesome idea...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge
Zeljka DTxx

Nonni said...

I love your magical card, wow! It looks really stunning with the hidden sentiment die-technique and those amazing colors. Yet so CAS. Great job! Thanks for joining our March CAS challenge at HLS!

Amy Seigler said...

Beautiful creations! Love the bright yellow flowers and gold washi! Just beautiful! I also love the Magical card with the bright rainbow of colors! Your card for you Hubby is adorable! So true for most of us as well! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

Dandi93 said...

The inlaid sentiment is one of my favorite techniques... I just did it today on my card. Love the rainbow of color on your magical card Aileen.... I'm also a big Gus and Stella fan... too cute

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous cards! All of them are lovely. The yellow flower is so pretty. I think you can still get to the old version of save for web in Photoshop. Try pressing shift+ctrl+Alt+S, or go to File-Export-Save For Web(legacy). I haven't done the 2017 update yet though, they might have removed it all together. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

Your comparison elephants are a great idea! I should do something similar with my grays. And not just Copics, I think it would be nice to have examples in all my markers, maybe pencil too....oh no, now I feel samples of different colors coming on too! You may have started something that I can't stop! Lovely cards!