Translate

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Adore You


 That song keeps playing through my head 'My Eyes Adore You' Frankie Valli. Elysha's Top Most Favourite Movie of all time. She watches it every day and when we drive down to visit mum & dad or Jessie & Keegan or actually anywhere that the drive will take more than 20 minutes she brings the CD to the car and sits there waiting for me to say 'ok' then we play it extremely loud and sing along with our tone deaf voices and Elysha tells me I sing wonful (wonderful) and I tell her the same cause thats what you do to make people happy. Lucky we got copies of the words so we can sing along without too many mistakes.

Okay thats todays trivia. Feeling a bit better, as you should be able to see with the straighter photos. Headache is constant but its not a migraine so easier to ignore.

I decided to make this creation for the Paper Smooches April Challenge, using their flower
die (love it) and sentiments (love them) and this brilliant kraft, gold foiled cardstock. From a local shop a pad of all these amazing foil covered papers that I have been dying to use.
Once complete and I take photos and edit, add to my blog then I re read the notes I had taken on the challenge. I used the wrong image/sentiment. Rainbow colours was an option but the Challenge was
for Showers - Baby/Wedding. Looks like I need to think of a different Challenge, bugger. Thought I was so clever.

I have die cut this flower twice, once from white card stock and once from a piece of Acetate that I have added lots of Alcohol Ink colours too. I added that wonderful double sided tape I told you before to the Acetate and it works perfectly. Sticks the pieces in and doesn't show up behind the Acetate.

The colours are so translucent that you can see the gold foil behind the flower.



To finish it off I have die cut the sentiment three times, layered then glued in place and a few
clear gems and its done.
In reference to the Acetate sheet I tend to do those as  A4 (Letter size) and have 2 or 3 and just leave on the dinning table for a day or two (with Protector sheet under them). 
Each time I walk past I drip, splot, drop and  air can blow or straw blow or add squirts of Blender solution to move it around a bit and reactivate an area. My usual is two sheets of multi colours with gold and one of blues & purples with silver. That way I end up with lots to play with later. Every little bit is used.

This makes for great backgrounds. One thing I did find was that I needed to run the die cut flower twice through with the acetate to get a clean cut.

These photos don't show it up as wonderful as I reckon it is IRL but not too bad.

Challenges:





Optional Twist - anything Spring
I think my card meets the twist.





The Acetate used was a snippet and I had to cheat
and use some extra small recut snippets for pieces
that jumped off the table and hid and needed to be
replaced :) The sentiment was also cut from white
card stock snippets.

Im not sure on this one, is the background too busy
to be considered CAS - anyway let me know if not
andI can remove.



Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.









16 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is gorgeous . I do love your acetate flower and your technique for building up the colours on a sheet of it before cutting. Great idea. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Hello Aileen, me again. I was looking back on your posts to find the name of the double sided tape you used for sticking the acetate? (I use loads of acetate) and then found your post on the acetate grid you made for your misti and now have a second question. Can you tell me what pens you used for marking the grid lines as
I find acetate can smudge very easily? Thanks. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Fabulous card Aileen! And I love how you used the acetate - I did giggle about the initial challenge having the wrong criteria :)

Great to see you in the Playground again!

Hugs

Di xx

BożenA said...

How smart you made this card. I love rainbow coloring of flowers. Adding to the gold paper card was the perfect choice.
Hugs,
BożenA

lostinpaper said...

I'm so impressed that you have the words to the songs... I just make my own up, isn't that half the fun and when I find out the real ones, sometimes I'm disappointed and just sing mine anyway lol. Another beautiful card Aileen, loving the gold in the background!

Bobby said...

I have a CD of Jersey Boys too, Aileen, and love to sing along although I already know the words from back in the day. ;) That foiled paper is gorgeous and so is the alcohol ink print. You put them all together for a wonderful card.

I Card Everyone said...

I was almost fooled into thinking you'd foiled this one yourself, Aileen ... gorgeous either way! Oh, not only do I agree with E's choice of music, I'd sing all the harmonies with you girls - what fun we'd have!!!
=]

Cara said...

So glad you showed the close up so we could see the beauty of the colours behind die cut. Stunning. Hope you feel better soon. Cara x

Sheryl said...

Oh I love the effect of the alcohol inks on the acetate so pretty. Very clever to combine with that die cut!
So glad you dropped it onto the porch at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Lynne in NI said...

Hee there's nothing better than a good sing-a-long in the car!
Beautiful card, that gold BP is so pretty :)

Mac Mable said...

So enjoyed reading the blog and brought a lovely smile to my face imaging you both signing along x What a great effect the inks and the acetate have and amazing that you can see through to the detail behind. Such an eye catching card x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

And I adore your card! The acetate is just amazing!

Nonni said...

This is stunning! I have never tried alcohol inks on acetate. What a brilliant look! I also love love love that foil-card you are using, I wish I lived in your town and could get it from the local shop! :)

Sarn said...

That's a gorgeous card. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Viv said...

Love this pretty card Aileen! The flower is so lovely and great inking too. Aww what fun singing that song with Elysha,I remember it too. Hope you continue to improve 😀 hugs Viv xx

Greta said...

Beautiful floral die & that gold foiled kraft paper is stunning! Great card, Aileen, even if it doesn't work for PS!