Translate

Monday 24 April 2017

I want to be you when I grow up!!

 Only one card today. I have been off for a bit as I have been under the weather.
Now boredom is setting in. I have done lot of colouring but not made any cards
as I found trying to make cards and coughing don't go together too well.

Bit like my photography here.
I had an instant inspiration when I saw the CASology Challenge Week 245 GROW


I have a stamp set, yes another NBUS with the perfect images and sentiment
for my interpretation.  Now just ignore the crookedness of the photo please.



The stamps and sentiment are from a Paper Smooches set. I decided the little bird needed
to be standing on his buddies head so the big bird could see him. The big bird already had
funny eyes. One bigger than the other.

BUT I found these googly eyes in the dollar shop and couldn't resist them. No plain
black and white eyes for me. I got the ones with eyelids (notice how they match
my bird as well) in colour and eyelashes. 

PS The sentiment is straight, its the photography thats wonky.


I coloured the birds with Copics and the big bird is with my new favourite flower
colour combination. You will have to wait to see the flowers on a card later
as the has just about finished me off. 
I didn't want to miss the CASology challenge as it closes tonight for me.
Finished off the card with the gem heart just to stress how much that little bird
loves and admires big bird.

My son thought it was hilarious with these eyes so I hope you enjoy it too. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come and visit again soon. 
Card making will be up and running again from tomorrow I hope. Take care.


22 comments:

Cindy H. said...

This is such a fun card! Love it!

Jen W. said...

Your card totally cracked me up! Love those big ol' googly eyes, the brightly coloured bird and those sweet little chicks. Such a great idea for the cue word. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... Aileen, this is hilarious ... LOVE that googly eyed big bird, especially with contrasting 'eye shadow' on her different sized eyes ... one of a kind! Not surprised those little chicks want to grow up to be just like her! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

This is just brilliant Aileen! Great fun card. Hope you are feeling 100% now. x

Judy1223 said...

As if the images and colors weren't fun enough on their own, then you went and added those fabulous googly-eyes! Now its extra fun! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Ever so funky and fun. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hilarious!!!! This is just so up my alley! Those colorful googly eyes - pure awesomeness!

lostinpaper said...

And who wouldn't want to someone with such fabulous multicoloured eye shadow and big googly eyes, she is totally fabulous darling! Totally made me laugh out loud, it's the perfect combo with the sentiment that did that!

Sherrie M. said...

So cute and funny! Love your 3D card Aileen. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

Joyce said...

I am seriously laughing out loud at this card. It is magnificant. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. Love the eyes!
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohhhh!! Aileen!!!!! Love this sweet, tender, endearing card!!!!! Beautifully colored and what a great sentiment. I have a smile on my face from ear to ear looking at those fabulous googly eyes.
Awesome interpretation of the challenge, this is a winner card, my friend.
Big hugs,
Maria.

I Card Everyone said...

This fabulous design MUST have made you feel more like yourself, Aileen!!! OH did it give me a good giggle! LOve the eyes, my darling!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely adorable card...lovey our sweet birds!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! this is so funny and cute!! i've never seen googly eyes with eyelids but they perfectly suit the bird! hope you're feeling better.

Karren said...

OMG, Aileen, this is the funniest card! Those eyes! Great take on the challenge! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Karen Dunbrook said...

big giggle....so fun and cute!!
xx Karen

Cara said...

This is too adorable for words, and that little heart? Genius! Hope you're feeling better. Cara x

Lynne in NI said...

Hahaha love your crazy birds, Aileen! Those googly eyes are fabulous :)

Mac Mable said...

Made me laugh out loud...fabulous inspiration and such a clever card x

Nonni said...

This is so cute and fun! Absolutely love this card!

BożenA said...

You made a really unusual card. Wonderfully you used those big eyes. Thanks for the inspiration :-) Your ideas are so striking, I love them all :-))
Hugs,
BożenA