Translate

Monday 10 April 2017

You Are So Tweet




there're so many Challenges going on at the moment I think where everyone is
hoping that Spring is knocking at your door. For us Autumn is here and
the indicators are that the days are getting shorter and the nights cooler. There is
still plenty of heat and birds are all around my house singing so I am pretending
Spring is Sprung.

My inspiration for this card is the  Muse Card Challenge #210
This wonderful card by Anita is such a delight and as I looked at
it I could see what I wanted to do instantly. 


I loved the heart embossed background and have a heart background folder but its
smaller so I fiddled around until I got the background I wanted.

I stamped these cute images from Taylored  Expressions on Linen card stock
then coloured very lightly with Copics going for soft pastels. First time I have used
these stamps, so bad. I am working on it, everyday hopefully you will see
this being used again soon.


A little bit of masking so I could add three birds and splashes as its only one bird
that splashes. The other two birds are 'love birds' and I didnt use them. I added a
wee bit of Wink of Stella to the water drops and the water in the birdbath.
This set comes with a die for the bird bath and the bird. You know what I love
about Taylored Expressions stamps. The picture you can see here is a hard plastic
and the stamps can stay on the back for storage. The only thing Im not so
keen on is that they are rubber (I know a lot of people prefer this) but its harder to
line up things and make sure they are straight. But thats what the Misti is for.

So here it is all finished. My inspiration was the heart embossed background,  The separate
layer with the birds and birdbath, the soft colours. 
Love this little spike thingy, I think its for flowers but I have seen people use them
before to hold cards up. Works well but have to watch you don't wreck the card as your trying
to wedge it.



Don't go into shock people a full 4hrs and 50 mins before
the doors lock.



Wahoooo I've managed to snack one more card in. Stamps not
used before but again no Boo Boo. Will work on that for next year 
Darnell.





This is my first card for this challenge. Not Stamplorations
products this time.




Thats it, thanks so much for coming to have a look and I will see you again soon. I hope.








19 comments:

Christine L said...

Aww your card is so 'tweet'! LOL!

Christine x

lostinpaper said...

Super cute take on Anita's card, love those soft colours and the heart background!

Marybeth said...

Darling spring card Aileen! I hope you hand your family have a wonderful Easter!

Cara said...

Love those little birds, a stunning take on the card. Cara x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, I'm late to the comment party as usual, lots of stuff going on up here, (boring stuff, not worth mentioning.....well, I'll say just one word.....GARAGE, ughhh!! nuf said)
But even late I must say this card is totally adorable, love to see the real birds on the little bird bath by my kitchen window and yours are just as beautiful to see, love the hearts embossing folder.
Lovely and sweet!!!
Hugs, my dear.
Maria.

Jaana said...

Lovely card! Those birds are so cute.

NatNatBot said...

This is such a tweet card. lol. I love the way you put everything together. Thank you for sharing.

Darnell said...

How awesome that you had this set which works so perfectly for CASEing Anita's cute card! I love it, Aileen! And I love how brilliantly you "adjusted" the birdies and splatters to make it work so well! Thanks for much for playing again! Now make up that Boo Boo Basket and save them! (Knowing you, you make every Boo Boos WORK for you, so I expect the basket will still be empty next April and that's to be applauded, so no worries!) Hugs, Darnell

MaryFran said...

Sooo cute!

Neets B said...

Fabulous version of my card and great work with the masking to create your own unique scene. Love the delicate copic colouring too.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse, Anita x

Pat said...

What a sweet image and love the embossed background Aileen. x

Sandy said...

Oh how sweet are these little birds?! Love the CAS-Style and how you colored the images. Really beautiful cards!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
Have a beautiful day :-)

Marilyn said...

This is a cute card and those little birds are adorable!

Pam Sparks said...

Adorable cards Aileen! So cute!

Greta said...

Super cute take on Anita's card--love the images & your coloring, Aileen!

Bobby said...

Your card is so cute and perfect for the challenge, Aileen.

Anonymous said...

aww, this is so sweet! your little masked birdies are adorable!!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a cutie! I love to watch the birdies having a splash in our bird bath :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So adorable! A perfect CASE!