Translate

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Three cards, each very different

This first card I did simply because I enjoyed colouring the last ones much.
Love the look of Prismacolour pencils on kraft cardstock and these flowers
look so pretty cascading down the card front.

A bit of masking involved and once the mask was removed I went back and drew in some lines with a black marker here or there to keep things a bit more fluid. After colouring I again went over the stamped images with a black line marker to define the black lines more.


I either added white or the very palest colour from the colour range each time to highlight the tips of the flowers. Finished off with a stamped sentiment from the same set. Felt the card didnt need anything.

This next card is a combination of a digital image of Mo's that I have coloured with
 Copics in lovely Summer colours.
Check out the hair, I thought I would give her that coloured just on the ends look. Anyway
I managed to damage the piece I was colouring quite a bit with marks here and there so had to do quite a bit of trimming and ended up with a bit of engineering required.


Was able to use a scalloped stitched edge and though the top was too short a couple of palm leaves cut from watercoloured paper I had in the scrap pile saved the top of the card and a nice piece of patterned paper that changed colour from orange to yellow highlighted the side and found a sentiment that stamped out perfectly " Sand, Sea' You & Me' Who could ask for more!!!



Now this card was a bit of a play around with a couple of dies that had been purchased and not used and a challenge 'home'. Few of the Design Team had used Maps or map related and I had some pattern paper related to maps that I was going to give away but held onto cause you never know.

I have one of those 'light bulb' moments. I thought of the background did and thought it reminds me of the sea so die cuts page of map design and one of silver card stock then inlaid the map design into the silver after adding double sided tape to the base of the card. 

Die cut the yacht and added with a bit of dimensional foam and stamped the sentiment 'wishing you the very best on your new home' for friends setting off after retirement on a rond the world trip in their new home (a yacht). Of course my son then pointed out it would have looked much better if I had cut the page in the right direction, so I had to point out that it depends on which way they are travelling at the time, he just shook his head at me like I'm an idiot or something.


Challenges:


Inspiration photo - home, traveling the world,
the map in the background.


I think your Amazing card




I Think Your Amazing card





I Think You Are Amazing card




Sand Sea You & me Card




Sand Sea You & Me card






Wishing you the very best




thanks so much for coming to visit and please come again soon.








23 comments:

lostinpaper said...

More fabulous inspiration Aileen, loving Mo's beach girl, I'm sure I look like that from behind, except my hair is dark, and shorter, and my skin is vivid white, and I'm quite a bit taller, but really, much the same lol.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Aileen these are three beautiful creations and as you say they are all so different, the colours of the first and second are lovely and juicy the third one looks amazing and intricate, well done
hugs
lorraine x

Cara said...

I love the colouring of the first card, it's so vibrant, stunning card. Great save with the second card, I think I would have just cried and thrown it at the bin, but the large leaves are fabulous. The silver and dark blue on the last card looks so striking. There's always one smart arse to criticise isn't there! I think it looks fab though x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome coloring on those first 2 cards!

brenda said...

Three stunning creations Aileen and such imaginative designs, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Anita in France said...

A trio of yumminess, Aileen ... fabulous colouring on those lovely cascading blooms and that cute tropical scene ... and such a delicious cool, graphic take on our inspiration photo ... the sense of movement is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Ruth said...

Such gorgeous cards - love the summer feel of the first two, especially the prismas on Kraft which is a gorgeous look. The design of your second is inspired! But I just ADORE the third with how you've die cut out the map. It's so different! Love it xx

sandie said...

Good idea to hang on to that paper and it works so well with those dies. Thanks for joining Time Out Challenges

I Card Everyone said...

Men... at ANY age!!! LOve the direction you've taken with that T.O. challenge - you've reminded me of a similar paper, Aileen! There may be a little 'borrowing' of ideas happening soon!
Fab coloring as always! xx
=]

Tracy said...

Oh wow! These are awesome. Great variety and wonderful pops of color on the first card. Hugs!

Becca Cruger said...

Is there anything you CAN'T design?! My guess would be a resounding no, after looking at this lovely lineup! I am so in awe of your skills. I especially love that rainbow cascade of flowers - they just pop right off the page!

Joyce said...

All of your cards are absolutely stunning. I love them all, especially the one you made inspired by Time Out. Thanks so much for playing along.

Kim Heggins said...

Three simply fabulous cards...just love your incredible coloring!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, three very different and amazing designs here Aileen!! Love the kraft with the colorful design and I adore that beautifully colored image on you second and what a very cool layout on third card!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Trina P. said...

All fantastic cards, Aileen. Saw your card over at Addicted to CAS and had to come for a closer look. Your colouring on Kraft is gorgeous. Love how rich and bright the colours are. Great job. 😊 Trina

Gerrina said...

t was good to keep the paper...it makes a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Dora said...

Beautiful three creations.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Really love the sand and sea card - perfect beach card for summer. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Great design and a Super card for your friends. Thank you for linking to The Male Room. Faith DT

Andreja said...

I like your "map" cards. Such a beautiful work :-))The other cards are beautiful, too
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Karen Dunbrook said...

amazing cards...wow! you rock!!
xx Karen

Deborah Frings said...

Super cards. I really love the way you've die cut the map paper to look like waves on the sea - brilliant idea. Sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room Maps/Coordinates Challenge. Deborah, DT.

Bobby said...

The coloring on the first card is wonderful, Aileen. So bright and colorful on the kraft cs. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to CAS.