Translate

Monday 14 August 2017

Wonderful, that's what you are.

A special card for a special friend. This is the first time I have used this beautiful die, shame on me. What a beautiful flower die from Memory Box. Delicate and one I could have keep the negative pieces for for not but I decided to go the easy look for this card as it went well for a Challenge that is on. I first coloured a piece of Multimedia paper with the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxides in a rainbow of colours and then cut into the panel (mind you once you make these beautiful panels all you want to do is look at them). these inks blend so so beautifully.

As you can see I have cut from two different sections to include a wider range of the colours and because odd numbers always look better than even I doubled up on the small bud rather than have four in a row. I liked how it looked. I die cut a piece of black card stock with a rectangle stitched die.


Added to the front of the card and glued the flowers in place, Then finished off with my die cut gold mirror cardstock 'wonderful' and some wee little gems and the rest of the sentiment stamp inside.



Challenges:


Just looking at Anita's card you can see my inspiration,
Black card panel, the rainbow coloured die cut flower. Amazing design,
amazing inspiration thank you Anita.




Perfect for this challenge








Thank you so much for coming to have a look and i hope you com again soon.









18 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful card Aileen. Love the die-cut flower outlines in the rainbow of colours. So pretty against the black. xx

sandie said...

This really is beautiful, love the changing colours and so dramatic against the black base. Thanks for joining HLS

lostinpaper said...

the dark background really makes those colours pop!

Anonymous said...

Such a beauty! I am really loving those flowers with rainbow colors against the black background!
xx Ashwini

Mac Mable said...

So eye catching and love the take on Anita's card. Glorious card x

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous! And that wonderful did is well, wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Aileen - you always brighten my Monday mornings with your last-minute entry! lol!

Cara said...

The bright colours really pop against that black, despite the image being so delicate. Gorgeous card x

Anita in France said...

Truly gorgeous, Aileen ... a beautiful, delicate, rainbow bloom ... stunning against the black! Hugs, Anita :)

Neets B said...

So glad I inspired you to create this one, Aileen. That is a gorgeous die, beautiful blended colours, and I love the addition of the gold, so pretty.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Jaana said...

Beautiful card! Love the die cut flowers.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful! That black makes those colors pop well done!

TaeEun said...

This is beautiful, Aileen!!! Love the rainbow on black!!!

Lindsey said...

Wow - really striking against the black x

BożenA said...

Yes, you are right, wonderful !! I love this beautiful colored flower on a black background. Very elegant design.
hugs,
BożenA

Jane said...

So beautiful! Love the look of the distress oxides, at first glance I thought it was metallic card. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

Linda said...

Such a pretty card ..... lovely die. Thank you for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge xx

Beverley said...

Beautiful die and loving the rainbow of colours, which is so striking against the black background. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Bobby said...

I'm with you on the DOX panels, Aileen. I love looking at them and find it difficult to cut into them but your flowers look wonderful with the variety of color on them, especially on the black background.