Translate

Sunday 22 April 2018

Congratulations on Your New Home & With Love on Mothers Day

Two cards that came together very quickly with pre coloured images. Basically 15 minutes before I left home to go down to visit with mum and dad I got these ideas so you know me, I have to go with them. There are no particular challenges in mind for them I just wanted to make them.

Now I'm sitting in with mum and she has settled down for a snooze so I thought I would blog to pass the time. Mum is actually looking a bit better than I expected and ate something this morning, she is very frail now but where I had been told she isn't eating she did eat breakfast so that was good. She smiled at me a lot and loved having her neck rubbed and hair played with and of course she then dozed off. Gentle times.


I am loving these Katia Studio stamps Whimsical Town which I have to say I haven't finished with yet as there is still a road and boat and landscape so expect more. I saw a card on the internet done with the house white embossed and coloured with Distress Inks. I loved it and wanted to do a similar card.


I haven't looked at it again so I hope with fingers and toes crossed that its not exactly the same. I randomly coloured my white embossed houses with Distress Oxide, heavier at the bottom and lighter toward the top. Flicked a bit of water over them when finished then blotted up.

I then did the background with  Distress Oxides going from Peacock Feather at the bottom, Salty Ocean then Broken China very light then used the MFT cloud stencil and went over the top area again with Broken China to add clouds. I fussy cut the houses and added the houses using dimension foam tape. (This is one instance when having the die would have been better as the outline was too light for the Scan 'N' Cut and fussy cutting not as good as it could have been).


This next card


Simon Says Floral stamp, Copic coloured R81 R83 R85 and YG01 YG17. Cut out panel with stitched rectangle die. Added fun foam to the back of the panel.

You can just see the Wink of Stella on the flowers here.


I added pattern paper to the front of the card and then decided to add the ribbon you can see. So disappointed the ribbon looks bright pink here. It is actually very close in colour to the flower but all the photos show the ribbon as bright pink. Ahhh well you will just have to trust me on that, it is a very pretty match and I cant think why it is showing up so different in colour. You can just see the sentiment.
Both cards have part of the sentiment on the front and the rest of the sentiment inside.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


Challenges:


My first time playing at this challenge. Will add
'Congratulations on Your New Home'




Congratulations on Your New Home





With Love on Mothers Day
Copic Coloured is my favourite colouring medium because it achieves such a wonderful colour coverage and blend with so little effort. I love to paint and colour with pencils too but those are time consuming and take a lot more effort. Copics are like cheating, an easy way to make a beautiful picture.




Congratulations on Your New Home




With Love on Mothers Day









8 comments:

Viv said...

2 lovely cards Aileen - love the quirky new home card and the flower card is beautiful!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I like your colorful houses and your flower cards are always the best!!!!

Ina G said...

Love your colourful houses Aileen and what beautiful cloud formation you achieved here.
It's disappointing when our photo doesn't show true colour. Your floral image is stunning and of course beautifully coloured. Simply gorgeous!

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Bobby said...

The colors of your whimsical town pop off that wonderful inked background, Aileen. I love that flower stamp and you've colored them beautifully.

Ruth said...

So happy to hear that your Mum is doing better and ate while you were there. Always nice to see and be reassured by that. Your town scenes are so adorable. Just love the bright colours. Reminds me of Tobermory on the isle of Mull - they used it for the BBC children's TV series, Balamory - with all its coloured houses looking out to sea. As usual, your floral colouring is just stunning. I just love that you run with your ideas when they come along! xx

Brenda said...

Love both your cards and so agree with loving Copic markers. It does kinda feel like cheating:) Thanks so much for joining us at AYLI Challenge!

sweetpea said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in with us Crafting with an Attitude Janet DT