Translate

Sunday 1 April 2018

You Make the World a Better Place Just by Being In It



I have started colouring in my collection of wonderful stamped images from my latest purchase from Stamping Bella. Oh my goodness they are so cute and I have found this wonderful rainbow mix of Copic colours in soft pastels that just rock together.

Check out this blend going down my unicorns horn and flowing on down the mane.


Then right on through the tail and out the end.  So my colour mix is
YG01 Y000 YR000 R10 V01 BV01 B41 B000
I do the colours once dabbing into each with the next then I start again going slightly lower with the colour so the blending is smoother and the colour transitions better.



After colouring Bernie and Rosie and stamping the sentiment I was going leaves a CAS card but of course I had to go and damage the top of the card. To fix it I cut out the image with my die then looked through my pattern paper to find something to use with Bernie and Rosie and found this paper.

Talk about perfect.  I  went bigger than my usual card size as I wanted to make sure you could see the pattern properly and to full benefit. The card is 5.5 x 5.5.  I fell in love with it straight away. It looks like I coloured those rays to go with Bernie's colouring.


Challenges:










Another new challenge for me to try out.


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Love the rainbow background, it's perfectly matched to your fab colouring of these cuties!

Bobby said...

That paper is unbelievable, Aileen, and so is your wonderful Copic blending.

Lin said...

Fantastic rainbow coloring, Aileen! Love the rainbow rays in the background, too! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Ruth said...

Absolutely LOVE this! Your blending is amazing and can't believe how much that patterned paper fits. I still haven't got anything from this release yet, but I know I'll be able to make an easy decision after seeing all your cards xx

BożenA said...

When I look at this card, I missed my childhood ... I would love to have such a rainbow friend, so I am this sweet girl. Thank you for this card, Aileen, it's such a quick return to childhood :-)
BożenA xx

Shauna said...

Wow... your rainbow theme is so fun and colorful! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

cm said...

ACK! Aileen, your Bernie and Rosie are not only adorable, but their friendship just warms my heart! The rainbow mane/tail...oh my stars! Outstanding! One of these days I'll get 'good enough' with my copic colouring to give this a try. Thank you for sharing your mythical magic in the Inkspirational gallery!
Hugs~carol

Yvonne Garner said...

So cute and so colorful! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!