Translate

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Hello Friend


A simple little card that grew as I went. It started out very CAS with just the Rabbit and teddy bear sitting in the air chatting. They are a MFT set and they come with some amazing sentiment but I ended up using a diecut to go with it. After I had coloured the pair 

I decided they needed some scenery. I don't recommend this way to add colour as its more fiddly and next time I will do them and diecut the shapes or even make sure I have proper masks. But of course


the ideas hit after the fact and I just went with the flow and improvised. We have a wee bit of green on my cute rabbits feet but hey maybe he was frolicking in the lush wet grass and his fur got stained. I copic coloured my rabbit and teddy then started on the background.





The background was done with MFT stencils for clouds and hills and I used Distress Ink. First time with the clouds so my layers were a bit wonky but I liked what I saw. I added shadow around the friends with copics. Added the die cut 'hello friend' to finish it off.

I loved those stencils, I can feel a stencil time coming on. Lots more backgrounds. Take so much of the work out of things with these amazing ideas.


Challenges:










Without the twist







Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such a sweet card, aileen, featuring those adorable critters! fun fact, bunnies do get green feet when they step on the greens they're eating. thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge!
linda

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable...just love your sweet pair of critters!

Ina G said...

So sweet and adorable Aileen. Lovely scene you created and those clouds are awesome - such a soft look. Of course it was the dew on the grass that gave your bunny green feet. LOL

brenda said...

Such a sweet image and pretty creation, beautifully colourful as well, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Bobby said...

I have always adored that bear and bunny, Aileen, and you brought them to life with your lovely little scene. The clouds look fantastic to me and I need to practice making them.

BożenA said...

:-)) Such a sweet card.
Hugs,
BozenA

lostinpaper said...

What a sweet little scene Aileen, they look so happy sitting out on the grassy hill!

Vicki Dutcher said...

These 2 friends are so fun! 😊

Ruth said...

The cloud stencils are fabulous aren't they? I use mine quite a lot - well when I get round to making a card! Love his stripey little jumper! xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous and cute card!
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

Dandi93 said...

Adorable Aileen, sweet scene and I love the sparkle