Translate

Friday 4 May 2018

The Flower Challenge #20 Acetate/Vellum


Its time for a new Challenge over at  The Flower Challenge
and as you can see by our wonderful button here its Acetate or Vellum.
I went Vellum.


Could I be anymore in love with a background stamp than this one? I just don't know.
So so easy to colour. This time I have gone with Zigs, no water, pure intense colour.

Yes its as bold in real life as it looks here and I love it. I couldn't bare to cut one inch off it. I left it as it is, trimming off the barest edges. Three colours used, hot pink, bright orange and yellow, if you want to know the exact colours (Numbers) let me know and I will get them for you.

Each time I added colours in a section, pink or orange then pulled it forward with the yellow then just played around. The embossing was gold embossed onto vellum and the vellum is quite thick so holds up well.


I finished up by adding to a card base 5 1/2 x 5 1/2, white embossed the 'Mere Color' sentiment and trimmed the panel so it was just wide enough but wrapped around so I could secure inside the card and finished off with a few yellow sequins.

Colouring on vellum with Zigs is super easy and if you want the colour lighter then use a dark colour and more it round with a very light colour. Keep cleaning off the light brush to remove the dark colour to keep the layer light if thats what you want to achieve. Use no or very little water as the vellum can end up warping or bubbling.

I have also used Wink of Stella to add sparkle and thin colour out and spread colour as well. Experiment. I paint on the front of the card inside the embossing.

I have also used Copics with vellum and it looks fantastic but be warned they do say that the copic tip can be damaged if it brushes against embossed ink edges. There are people who colour on the other side to avoid this. I like to colour on the same side as I like bright but I do try to be very careful and don't pick images with lots of small fiddly embossing on them.

I love my Copics and haven't ruined any yet and don't want to so I am extra careful but I have noticed a couple of times the times have become white and I worry this may mean having to replace them so do be aware they can be damaged.

Vellum can also be played over a brightly coloured image to soften the image. Don't forget to go see the beautiful creations the Design Team has done, and who has used Vellum and who Acetate.

 Thank you so Much for coming to visit and I hope you decide to join us this month at The Flower Challenge.



Challenges:
















14 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Viv said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card Aileen, your colouring is always so perfect but I have to tell you again...it's fabulous!love that flower too and the vellum finishes it off so well also. Another stunner my friend ;) hugs Viv xx

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous colouring and gorgeous choice of colours too!

BożenA said...

Wow! Aileen !! This is one of your most beautiful, phenomenal cards !! I love colors and gold embossing. I love the combination of colors and how you used ZIG's, without thinning the color with water. It looks stunning!
Hugs,
BożenA

Bobby said...

The color on this is absolutely stunning, Aileen.

Ina G said...

Oh WOW! you certainly have coloured my morning Aileen with this beautiful bright gorgeous floral card. Love the intense colour with that hint of pink. Lovely sentiment on the vellum. Magnificent.

Stef Perry said...

I am totally swooning over this stunning flower! The intensity of the colors is glorious and using Zigs on vellum total genius to achieve that intensity. I am so inspired to try this technique! Love, love, love your beautiful card!

Ruth said...

Oh wow! Now this is a challenge I could be tempted by, because it is a challenge. I've only ever coloured on vellum once and it was a disaster, but I could sorely be tempted as your card is just AMAZING and bursting with colour!! xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my friend, what a gorgeous, amazing card!!! This bold and big flower is indeed a fabulous background stamp, is it from Power Poppy? I haven't seen it, I must check it out.
The gold embossing really makes the colors you chose pop beautifully.
Another amazing card, my dear.
XO

Rachel Vass said...

This is absolutely stunning, love the colours you chose, absolutely gorgeous.

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful and I love this large bloom from The Ton! One of my favorites!

Stempelomi said...

stunning! Thanks for joining us at creative friday! Hugs,Beate

Janine said...

I love this - colours are so vibrant - gorgeous!

Dandi93 said...

Stunning, amazing shading with the Zigs....