Translate

Saturday 15 August 2015

Butterfly with Washi tape

I decided to have a go at the Butterfly Challenge using Washi Tape,   next time I think I will try die cutting the tape because I don't like my end result but as I went to remove the tape of course it pulled some of the card off so had to put back. Ahh well my lesson is I have a pile of Washi tape that is going to be really good for keeping dies in place or for masking but I don't like whelk on my cards.

I did try this before but decided to try again, it just doesn't work for me. Here we go:


I stamped the butterfly four times, three on the card stock in a line the fourth on a scrap of cardstock.
This beautiful butterfly is a Technique Tuesday one. I then coloured the butterflies with copics. No glitter today.


Its a bit clearer on this one that I added the fourth one that I cut out totally to the middle butterfly and once glued tight I put a little dimensional tape behind to make this butterfly stand away so you could see the one under.

I'm not sure if you can see but I actually cut around all the butterflies from the bottom  of the last wing and up and around each butterfly to leave the wing hanging over then folded the card so the back is flush with the end tips of the wings.

After trimming round the butterflies I then added the sentiment. Then looked at all my washi tape of course I had nothing NOTHING to match the colour I coloured the butterflies. I am so bad at planning.
Anyway decided to go with oranges and laying and overlapping. I ended up with two marks on the card front, a mystery blue up the top and a black smudge near the middle butterfly. What can you do with it?????
I covered with white gel pen. It will do. No way I was starting all that fussy cutting again.

Lucky I love these  butterflies and how they turned out.

Entering this in:


Also entering in:

okay that sit, I hope you enjoy your visit and come again soon.

11 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Your dimensional butterflies look brilliant Aileen! I have washi tape that I rarely use, but as for washi sheets, there's another story altogether, love!

Marybeth said...

Wow those butterflies are gorgeous! Looks like a lot of work and I think the washi tape looks great, Aileen!

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you made one of the butterflies 3-D! Great sentiment too, and I love how you used the washi tape! Thank you for linking up over at Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge!

Mrs A. said...

Oh Aileen what is not to like about your card. I love the trio of butterflies down the outside edge of the card and so carefully cut away too. The fourth butterfly added for dimension is a great idea. As for the washi tape it blends perfectly with the colours on the butterllies and I like how you have overlapped each piece. I love a bit of enginuity . Thankyou for coming back to play in my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you colored the butterfly, and your layered washi strips are so cool.

Anonymous said...

The butterflies are gorgeous. As for washi tape I have a small container I must find a use for! It all looked so pretty when I bought them :)

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, I LOVE it :0) hugs Pops x

Marilyn said...

Beautiful... it really is! Love how you gave the middle butterfly dimension and it pulls your eye right in. I also like your use of the washi tape and the sentiment was made for this card!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your use of Washi Tape, it looks so wonderful with your stunning butterflies. Makes for a beautiful card.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sarn said...

Simply beautiful. Love the colours and that butterfly really is exceptionally pretty.
Hugs, Sarn xxx