Translate

Wednesday 11 November 2015

Happy Birthday Ballerina



This card is what I think is referred to as a multimedia card (or at least I think it is).
We have copic colouring and fussy cutting, dimensional foam to lift her from the front of the card. Embossing paste coloured with blue distress ink and used with a Tim Holtz stencil. 


Then there's the two rows of ribbon at the bottom, yes its ribbon but its glitter ribbon. The icing on this cake is a 'Happy Birthday' Die sentiment cut out three times in white cardstock and once in silver cardstock then they are layered and glued together.
Of course I lost the dot for the 'i' and I mean really there was no way I was going to try and glue 4 of them on top of each other. I decided a nice little silver set diamond !! would finish it off perfectly.


Now if you look here you will see she has some white card stock  but if you look back up at the other photo the white is gone. I discovered as I was editing this photo I forgot to colour the cardstock as I didn't want to try cutting it away. So I quickly coloured with two different blues to make it look a bit patchy and then took a couple of shots but didn't take a close up so this will do.

It works so thats good. Also if you look at her eyes I was a wee bit heavy handed with the eyeshadow but I also forgot to colour that before I finished off. Lets pretend she's an adult ballerina. I also added Wink of Stella to the dress and it looks beautiful and blingy and sparkly but its not showing here so you will just have to trust me, ok.






Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Clever little save by colouring the cardstock, I would have tried to remove it and then ruined it.... thanks for the tip!

Ruth said...

It was pretty hard to do the fussy cutting, so your solution is brilliant and it works really well. Your colouring is fabulous and I adore the background. Brilliant job!! Xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colouring. Great tip with the fussy cutting v's colouring the white space.
My girls have their dance concert next week and most of the girls wear pretty heavy stage make up so she looks fine to me :) Great job all round.

Marion said...

Gorgeous! Great colouring :)

*Vicki* said...

you've done such an amazing job with the coloring here!! :) I love how your card turned out too!! Well done...I remember taking this class...so fun!! Good for you on taking your time with it!! :) HUGS

Diane said...

What a gorgeous colored ballerina.

Hugs Diane

Lozzy said...

What a beautiful card, so pretty and love the back ground..Thank you for joining us at A Bit More Time To Craft. Good luck in draw and hope we see you again..Hugs Lozzy x

Deepti said...

This is fabulous, coloring is superb and I like ur idea of using a gem stone for the dot of letter 'i' :)

Nancy said...

This is such a darling card Aileen! Love the background so much and that adorable ballerina. Your coloring skills are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

Adorable card. Love the ballerina and the pretty sentiment. I don't blame you, I think the gem stone is perfect for the dot in the "i". Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.