Translate

Sunday 25 September 2016

THINGS ARE GONNA GET BETTER


 I recently purchased the cutest little dragons, prince and princess stamp set from
MFT (My Favourite Thing) and when I was stamping the characters onto the masking tape
I just feel in love with this little character. His face is so expressive.
I stamped him onto the front of the card, coloured just with greens
this time. Time to play latter, I had an idea. So coloured with greens
then masked. I sprayed repositional glue on the Tim Holtz

broken glass stencil and placed it over the top of the masked
dragon. I blended with 'Tumbled Glass' Distress ink and just faded out
as I went rather than do the whole front.


When I peeled back the stencil, you need to remember to go gently cause
it can grab hold of the card and tear little bits off. The spray is fantastic to stop 
movement of the stencil and also prevent anything going under then stencil and when its
a really fine stencil like this one if its not stuck down its very easy to catch the strands
and colour under them.
The card is finished off with this sentiment ' Things are gonna get better' - perfect 
for this card. I think I need and 'Oooops' one as well.
It turned out just how I wanted.


This next card was a quick one. I printed out the jug and flowers which
are images from Power Poppy. Love their stamps but sometimes
I want it digital so I can control the size. Here I have only printed it out in a 
smaller size.


Coloured with Copics yellows, purples and green. The jug is in very pale
blue/green colours.


Cut the image out with my wonky stitched square die second size down.
Used this yellow and white patterned paper and added the 'with love' sentiment, a few
clear drops on the petals and one yellow sparkly up in the corner.

Perfect for a birthday coming up.

Challenges:

With Love card -without using the
 Topping.




With Love Card




With Love card using my favourite Copics.




I think my cute dragon fits the critters.



My dragon with his wonderful sentiment.



I'm hoping my dragon card is CAS enough.


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.














22 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Aileen, such a great pair of cards, love the little Dragon your card is going to be loved by the recipient, your colouring of the flowers is great.... have a lovely week... Megan

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, this little dragon is just the cutest I've ever seen, her little face has a look of "I totally understand", just beautiful, and that amazing stencil, my goodness, I love it, it could very well be used as a fabulous spider web. You just reminded me that I need to get some stencils ASAP, I have 2!!!!! this is just not right!!
Your second card is gorgeous, this pitcher of tulips from Power Poppy is divine, those flowers look like you just picked them out from your garden. As always, your coloring is amazing.
Thank you for sharing!!
Hugs,
Maria.

Ruth said...

I just love those little dragons - they are far too cute! And it works remarkably well with the broken glass stencil. His expression really does say it all!! xx

Barbara said...

Beautiful vase of flowers. Had to imagine that you did it quickly. Such nice coloring. I love that dragon too. He is too sweet. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member

Amy Cohen said...

Beautiful work- perfect for our Critters challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals corner.
Amy-DT

lostinpaper said...

Both wonderful designs Aileen, I like the fact that you can change the size of a digital image too, it's been ages since I used any digi images.... so much stamping to do and so little time, you know how it is lol.

Unknown said...

Great job. your little OOPS dragon turned out so cute. Love your coloring on the flowers, too. Thanks for sharing.

Martina Svoboda said...

Great stencil use on the dragon card! And lovely coloring on both. These are siple and simply genius cards! Love your work. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Martina

Richa Maurya said...

Wow ...Loved both cards..The broken glass bg is amazing..
Thanks for dropping by my blog
Love
Richa

Babs said...

Aileen your little dragon is so adorable and I love the spiders web and the colour you have used, your flower card is every so pretty, beautiful colouring too..

Hugs Babs x

Jeanne said...

Adorable first card. Agree about the expression. Beautiful second card. Great colors! You are very talented. :)

Karren said...

Two gorgeous cards, Aileen! That dragon is just so cute - so far I've resisted buying that set, but my resistance is weakening :) Your jug of tulips are stunning! Amazing card.

Anonymous said...

these are both fabulous and that little dragon is so cute!! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
linda

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Aileen. LOVE that little critter ... you're right, the expression on his face is what draws you in. :) Perfect paired with the stenciled background.

And your jug of flowers is so pretty. Gorgeous colours and perfect colouring, as always. xx

cm said...

Your vase of flowers: gorgeous! Your little dragon...oh my! Heart stolen! So sweet...
~carol

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Adorable dragon card! I love the soft colors you chose. Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at ATSM challenge blog–please join us again soon!
:) Marie–ATSM DT

Unknown said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love the dragon - fantastic stamp set! :) Your florals are just stunning - beautiful colouring! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Kamila DT

Whisper said...

Oooo the dragon is so cute and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

kuya said...

Your dragon card is perfect for our CAS challenge. I love it. This is easily my favorite set from MFT so far for 2016 and your card is sooo cute :o)

Thanks for joining us at Creative Friday!

Hugs,
Heike

Katja said...

Such a pretty card.

Thanks for playing with us @ Creative Friday.
Hugs, Katja

cotnob said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful floral card with us at A Gem of a Challenge.
I have candy on my blog Crafting with Cotnob if you would like to take a look.
Pauline
x

Viv said...

Beautiful floral card Aileen and I love that cute dragon....just got that set myself....thanks heavens or yet another for my long list lol ;) Viv xx