Translate

Friday 8 January 2016

Sending a Little sunshine





First let me start this post with a thank you to everyone for their lovely comments on my previous post. I truly appreciate every comment made. I am so amazed that there are so many wonderful people in the crafting world who have time to read and comment on the ups and downs of others they only know through the internet. I cannot imagine my life without all of you wonderful people being there for me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and would give you all a big sloppy kiss if I could.


Now onto this card. I wanted to send my mother-in-law a little message of love as she has been in hospital for a month now and may be there for a couple more months. Poor thing was standing in front of the pantry, turned to say something to hubby and pop pop went the back and excruciating pain. It appears her back is compressing down and deteriorating, poor bugger.



This is just to let her know I am thinking about her when I'm not visiting or calling.
Love this image and it's another of Mo's Digital Pencil images. They are so pretty and make me think of the flowers struggling to stay alive in the heat and dry of our Summer.


Close up of these flowers.  I have coloured them in very soft copic colours (for me) and I'm really pleased with the end result. I cut the coloured piece and used a piece of blue card stock to highlight the image. Stamped 'Sending a little' and added the die cut 'Sunshine' to finished the card off.

I would like to enter this in:

both the die cut and the image are new.




I know I have gone with lighter colours but felt they suit the image and the chair made me think of flowers in a jam jar rather than a vase.

Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


















15 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful!! Adore those soft colours. Love to your mother in law - back pain is excruciating! Xx

lostinpaper said...

Oh my gosh, your choice of colours and colouring are incredible!

gail said...

beautiful card, your colouring is gorgeous, and I love that embossed sunshine

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is beautiful Aileen a lovely way to send someone a little bit of sunshine, the image and softness of the colours is superb
hugs
lorraine x

Virginia L. said...

I am LOVING the soft coloring, too! Your copic skill is SUPERB, Aileen! This is one gorgeous design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge!

Loll said...

Love the soft colours of your beautiful bouquet Aileen. Your MIL will love this. xx

Greta said...

This should be a winner, Aileen! One of my all-time favorite cards with such fabulous coloring! Can I have you do the coloring for my stamped images?! Hope your MIL improves--so sad. Hugs, Greta

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...this is a winner, to quote Miss Greta! This is as beautiful as can be and your flowers look so real.

stempelfrida said...

This is such a nice card. I love the softness and the colours. What a kind gesture of yours to send it to your mother in law. Thank you for joining our ATSM challenge this week. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Karen said...

How beautiful! flowers are the perfect pick me up, and they don't even need their water changed like the real ones ~
what a wonderful job you did with your copics too!

Barb Ghig said...

I have no doubt that your MIL loves this card to pieces, Aileen! Your coloring is amazing...so soft and lovely, and your sentiment is just perfect for someone who needs a bit of cheering up :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous...

cm said...

Your MIL must love the beautiful bouquet of freshly cut flowers you created just for her! What a lovely way to lift her spirits and let her know you're thinking of her! Heart warming! Thank you for sharing this special gift in the ATSM gallery! Hope her recovery is going well!
~c

TaeEun said...

Beautiful coloring Aileen! I'm glad you chose the soft colors! They look beautiful with the sky blue card base! Wishing your MIL a fast recovery! And I like your new profile pic:)!

Barbara GR said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft colours!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations!
Hugs, Barbara GR