Translate

Friday 22 July 2016

Sweet Birthday Wishes


I'm really enjoying doing these types of cards where its all the background that is stamped and coloured and only using a sentiment on the front. These stamps all come from one set I saw Therese using and they cried out to me buy me buy me so I did. They're small stamps but not too small and I have done another card with just the macaroons and they are perfect size.


Check out the Sparkle on the paddle pops  (3 colour ice-creams)with the little sprinkles that have been coloured with Metallic Gel pen, and Wink of Stella (rejuvenated and wow does it sparkle now) added to the icing on the cupcakes and the layered black die cut. 



All the colouring was done with Copics and when I layered the die cut I went black, white, black just to see what it looked like. Finished off with Birthday wishes inside the card.


Challenges








Using the Topping






Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again.







13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Your coloring is fabulous!! Really love the yummy images! :)

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun idea, loving the colours and the bling x

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is one sweet card! Love all your wonderful images!

lostinpaper said...

I agree a gorgeous set for sure, love your fun bright background creation Aileen! I was only planning out some cards the other day and was continually wanting to create background designs and literally had to stop myself lol.

Barbara said...

I can hear those stamps calling out to me too. This card is such a fun birthday card for anyone. Love how you have showcased the fun images. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Barbara

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome background coloring! Turned out really fabulous~

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Aileen: your card is simply delicious, gorgeous coloring as always, a fabulous card for someone with a sweet tooth's Birthday.
Now, I want to go raid the freezer for a popcicle, LOL!!
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Cara said...

This looks good enough to eat! Love the colour palette you've used. Cara x

Linda said...

Aileen thank you so much for your comment on my first video - I appreciate your feedback so much! This is such a bright and happy card - makes me hungry just looking at all those delicious goodies ha ha.

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, this is making my mouth water, Aileen! Love those brightly coloured goodies. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Bold and bright yummies! I love making my own backgrounds too. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

cm said...

I'm glad you heeded the call of this stamp set, because WOW! You've created a scrumptious, delicious, calorie-free treat for us! Yummy and vibrant eye-candy...and yes, my sweet tooth is tingling!
~carol

Kate said...

I'm glad you listened to those stamps when they cried out to you!! Your card is fabulous and I just love the background that you've created. Fantastic card!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper