Translate

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Thinking of You




There are some stamps that are just classics and I never tire of using them. The biggest problem these days is that there are so many amazing flower stamps there is that constant problem of trying to remember all of them and getting time to use them all.
This beautiful stamp always colours up beautifully. I have stamped on cardstock then coloured with my Derwent 'Coloursoft' pencils. They are much easier to use for me than many other pencil sets that are to be blended with Baby Oil. They don't hurt my hands as much as the colour going on easily.


I have used one red/pink colour and just blended it out then added the fuchsia colour over the top. It blends so beautifully with the baby oil and doesn't leave any oily residue. always amazes me.



finished off with my usual bit of Wink of Stella on the blooms. Cut out the panel a bit smaller than the card front then added washi tape each side. Love that washi tape, so easy to add, no waste and fantastic metallic glittery look. Put the sentiment inside as I felt it looked best without the sentiment on the front.

The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge has started and this time I will use with Instagram or my blog to post but not both so Kathy doesn't have to comment twice. Yesterday I posted for Day 1.

Today I will post for Day 2 the Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge














Thank you so much for coming to vista and I hope you come again soon.









12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Aileen, your poppies are beautiful. Love your colouring of them. So appropriate right now. Hugs Mrs A.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my dear Aileen, this is beyond gorgeous, love that soft pink color on the edges and the deeper shade in the centers, just so beautifully done.
I have this set and I haven't used it in a very long time. I totally agree with you about all the beautiful flower stamps I have and the fact that I don't use the old ones nearly enough.
Thank goodness for THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, there is a perfect chance to give our flower stamps a lot of much needed love.
Beautiful card, my friend.
Hugs,
Maria.

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous mf.

Rushd Lady said...

Gorgeous flowers, both the card and you. What a start I had when I glanced over and saw those big pink noses! I wonder how many people actually noticed and/or were too polite to say something, but I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. Thanks for the giggle! :)

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, those pink poppies are so pretty!

Kim Heggins said...

This is one gorgeous card...love those beautiful poppies.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Aileen...gorgeous colour work on the poppies and I love how you added a little sparkle...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Sandy said...

Beautifully coloured flowers. A delightful card. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this month.
Hugs, Sandy

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card...love the colors and the sparkle!!

Catherine said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the colors and lovely shimmer. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Karren said...

Gorgeous card! I love this stamp and hunted high and low trying to find it after it was retired. Finally bought it for an exorbitant price from the UK, but I'm so glad I've got it.

Cindy C. said...

Scrumptious and rich colors!! I {heart} it!!