Translate

Monday 4 September 2017

A Couple of Cards in Anticipation of Summer - it's on it's ways.


Of course I start off with photos that are not the greatest quality as I took them with my phone,
fiddled in Photoshop then imported here and somewhere along the way the quality disappeared.
I will fix the photos once I am home again on Wednesday, I pack so much to bring sometimes I wonder if I should just buy 2 of everything and take over a room in their house.

Anyhoo.....first we have a selfie with the beauties from Stamping Bella, I love the tall leggy girls and the ..... well I love them all as you will soon see I have gone berserk and bought a pile more stamps (I Know I Know I said I was going to be good but how can I when all I see is everyone making beautiful cards with new stamps. WHAT AM I MEANT TO DO!!!!!) Whooops sorry  
I have stamped and coloured my girls with Copics. Blondie in the green swimsuit 
is trying out the new hair colour you can add and wash out over night - looks cool hey!


I cut the image out as a postage image being sent to a friend and attached to a patterned paper
with Hello written all over it so no need for a sentiment. Inside is the sentiment
 ' Missing you, wish you were here'



This next one is a Tiddy Inks digital image that I have coloured in with Copics and actually coloured over the coloured rabbit with the blue as well to give the illusion of water over the rabbit except whats above the water. A bit of water building up in the mask as well. I used the Pretty Pink Posh Die Cut to cut out the area of the image I wanted discarding the boxed frame that is around the image.
I found a piece of pattern paper that has soap bubbles on it and I thought it looked perfect for the card so it was attached then the cut scene then another scalloped cut in white to frame it. Still wanted something else to add to it so stamped 'Mahalo' Added a Frangipani that has been heat embossed, watercoloured and fussy cut and some leaves. I love how it turned out.



Challenges:



Mahalo Card




Mahalo Card





Mahalo Card






Hello Card




Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




15 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

Fabulous fun cards. Both have the spunk and are great.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh Wow I love this. Great image which is coloured so beautifully. Lovely bright colours and great design. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


Marsha Reed said...

Great cards, Aileen! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Mac Mable said...

Such fun cards which are beautifully coloured....Great inspiration, thank you x

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, love the patterned paper you picked for the first card and how cool the water effect looks over the bunny x

Basslady said...

your cards look so fantastic!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Heidi Weaver said...

Your lovely, fun cards made me smile, Aileen. Love those images and the colours you've used. Love the girls but that snorkelling bunny with the soap bubble surround---fabulous. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Judy Markowitz said...

What a fabulous card! Your coloring is amazing! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Aileen thanks for sharing your "Swimming Rabbit" card and joining us this week for the Watercooler Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge. Super cute image. Love how the water is filling up the mask and background. Those are super huge fins for that little body and look awesome in purple. Great card.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Love the stamping bella images. You have coloured them beautifully.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Stampin Bella image-fabulous fun rabbit image and great B.paper on both----Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

lostinpaper said...

These are seriously wonderful Aileen, love those fun girls and that bubble background made me smile! Two of everything sounds like a great idea to me lol....

Bobby said...

Beautiful coloring on your leggy ladies, Aileen, and that underwater bunny is a hoot. What a great idea to go over him with blue. He really looks like he's submerged.

BożenA said...

Well, I envy the expectations for summer ... we are not here waiting for the winter, and she is going to Europe without asking. Well, I have memories after the summer, somehow I will survive until spring :-) Cards are great, Aileen!
BożenA xoxo

DIANA L. said...

love the kitty snorkeling wonderful coloring